Mad Customs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stopped by the machine shop unannounced this morning as it was one week after they said it would be done. They had made little progress. It was disassembled and had been hot tanked. That was it. I told them to load it up in my truck, but after some conversation I agreed to take the heads and they would just do the shortblock.

I'm frustrated but in for a dime in for a dollar I guess.

I took the heads to Texas-Speed. Way overkill for this project, but they do a good job. Hopefully the heads and shortblock will be finished at about the same time.

I'm going to have to see what I can do in the tune to keep the power low as this should be making close to 400 HP with ported heads and cam. Too much for a learner, IMO. Maybe I can set the rev limit low at first, but I wonder if that will screw up the shifting in the trans.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to see what I can do in the tune to keep the power low as this should be making close to 400 HP with ported heads and cam. Too much for a learner, IMO. Maybe I can set the rev limit low at first, but I wonder if that will screw up the shifting in the trans.
Just give it a "Valet" tune :anitoof:

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interior Demo Day
You must be registered for see images attach

Picked up some Tahoe buckets off Craigs and I guess it motivated the boy to get busy. I can tell he's motivated now because I hardly did anything. Was I ever that skinny?

You must be registered for see images attach

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really been slacking on the progress. I got the heads back from Texas Speed this week. If the machine shop would hurry the bleep up we could start putting parts back on the truck.

Today we got 4 of the 6 motor mount bolts out. The driver's side was 10 minutes. The passenger side was about an hour. No idea why. Just couldn't get the socket to stay on the nut. I think I'm going to leave the back bolt and cut off the old motor mount just in front of it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
400 at the crank should be easy peasy with a cam and those heads. Please tell me you covered that motor for the drive home. . .