ls2 in 96 4x4 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Gen IV uses separate engine and trans controllers, curious what exactly the setup is? Gen IV controllers are more advanced than the 411 so I don't understand why some are still on about it.

ovaddiesr

Reaction score
Gen IV uses separate engine and trans controllers, curious what exactly the setup is? Gen IV controllers are more advanced than the 411 so I don't understand why some are still on about it.
I'm using the 08 trailblazer ss harness, computer and trans computer to run the engine/trans. I kept the oem computer to run the gauges/abs and my alarm system with remote start. I'm sure there is a simpler way but this was a very easy route to have all my stuff working overnight.

Smokebomb

Reaction score
to help anyone in the future...i used the 08 gen 4 harness with a tbss intake and accessories. I eliminated the valley knock sensors and used the gen 4 ones on the side of the block. The dbw was so simple because in the 07+ they don't use a tac module anymore. Just 6 easy wires into the pedal and I used the hole the dbc went through previously. The lq9 is currently running on a tbss operating system with slight changes from the tuner. It mates directly to the 96+ 4l60e as long as you use a 10 dollar extension for the tc. I'm using a striped down 96 computer to run the abs, gauges, 4wd and my car alarm/cold start. The ls computer only runs the engine and trans. Very easy swap.
Was there any extra wiring needed for the transmission? Or is it plug and play? I have a rebuilt '96 trans I am wanting to use for my 5.3 swap into a '94 rcsb.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Was there any extra wiring needed for the transmission? Or is it plug and play? I have a rebuilt '96 trans I am wanting to use for my 5.3 swap into a '94 rcsb.

You need to be waaaaay more specific with your question. OP is running GenIV stuff, GenIII will be happy with just a 411 that controls both engine and trans. Neither one would be plug and play.

Smokebomb

Reaction score
You need to be waaaaay more specific with your question. OP is running GenIV stuff, GenIII will be happy with just a 411 that controls both engine and trans. Neither one would be plug and play.
2003 5.3 sorry. Should probably start a build thread. I just keep reading conflicting information. Figured I would ask someone who did it.