ls2 in 96 4x4 questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
2003 5.3 sorry. Should probably start a build thread. I just keep reading conflicting information. Figured I would ask someone who did it.

His swap is a bit different than yours. Your 5.3 PCM will run motor, trans, and gauges. Yours is the far more common swap that's done here regularly.

MazingerZ

Reaction score
to help anyone in the future...i used the 08 gen 4 harness with a tbss intake and accessories. I eliminated the valley knock sensors and used the gen 4 ones on the side of the block. The dbw was so simple because in the 07+ they don't use a tac module anymore. Just 6 easy wires into the pedal and I used the hole the dbc went through previously. The lq9 is currently running on a tbss operating system with slight changes from the tuner. It mates directly to the 96+ 4l60e as long as you use a 10 dollar extension for the tc. I'm using a striped down 96 computer to run the abs, gauges, 4wd and my car alarm/cold start. The ls computer only runs the engine and trans. Very easy swap.
Were you able to reuse the transmission rods that attach to the engine mounts?

Sorry to revive this thread