LS swap fuel system on K1500 stock fuel system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt327

Reaction score
I'm using a LQ4 with return rails. I just ran new lines from where the filter is up to the rails and used the russell adapters to adapt the AN to the quick connect. You have a 1997 so unless you're running big injectors, your stock pump will work fine. That's all there is to it. More work in upgrading is needed if you were running an older TBI setup, IIRC. If you're using an LS with the returnless rail then use the corvette fuel filter mod and it's supposed to solve all the problems, although i have no direct experience with that.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if it helps any you can use stock feed line from a gmt800 tahoe or yukon connects to fuel rail and threads right into the 400s fuel filter as for return you cut and put patch together with fuel hose since its very low pressure

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm using a LQ4 with return rails. I just ran new lines from where the filter is up to the rails and used the russell adapters to adapt the AN to the quick connect. You have a 1997 so unless you're running big injectors, your stock pump will work fine. That's all there is to it. More work in upgrading is needed if you were running an older TBI setup, IIRC. If you're using an LS with the returnless rail then use the corvette fuel filter mod and it's supposed to solve all the problems, although i have no direct experience with that.

Big injectors don't matter. What matters is how much fuel is flowing through them.

93Ghostgmc

Reaction score
Can I put the new pump in and wait to change the fuel lines until I’m ready to put my ls in

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Can I put the new pump in and wait to change the fuel lines until I’m ready to put my ls in

Why are you so gung ho to put a not necessary high flow pump in your truck? My 1500 has a stock GM pump and doesn't run out of fuel.

93Ghostgmc

Reaction score
Why are you so gung ho to put a not necessary high flow pump in your truck? My 1500 has a stock GM pump and doesn't run out of fuel.
I am going to put a flip kit and weld in c notch,,so when I have the bed off I wanted to change it for a future LS swap.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I am going to put a flip kit and weld in c notch,,so when I have the bed off I wanted to change it for a future LS swap.

It's an excellent time to do it, but if you're just swapping motors there's no need for a pump. If you're doing heads, cam, etc then you may run out of pump. But a bolt on LS will not need more pump. Just a waste of money especially seeing how new your current pump is.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
It's an excellent time to do it, but if you're just swapping motors there's no need for a pump. If you're doing heads, cam, etc then you may run out of pump. But a bolt on LS will not need more pump. Just a waste of money especially seeing how new your current pump is.
His TBI pump won't run an LS at those low pressures.

@93Ghostgmc , if you're going to do this, you may run into problems running 55-60psi to your TBI unit unless you regulate it down.

93Ghostgmc

Reaction score

Thanks for the info that tells me what I need to know!