LS swap fuel system on K1500 stock fuel system

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Any thoughts on how I should run fuel lines and what not for a ls swap in my 97 k1500. I did just buy a new tank and pump last year and definitely wouldn’t wanna swap it with that expensive plastic sob that came on the Silverado. Any thoughts on how I can do this?

cookseyb

Reaction score
That pump should be enough for your LS engine , I used a Corvette filter-regulator on mine because I put a non-return fuel set up on it.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
I did exactly what cookseyb said. In fact, I used a stock EP381 to upgrade my old TBI pump for the swap. Mine is a gen3 6.0 with a mild cam and gen4 intake. Scans show I haven't run out of fuel pump yet.

Reaction score
So if I go with what cookseyb says my stock pump with those darn screw on fittings will work on the ls motor. I know the engine I got has those quick connects for the rail I’m just trying to figure out the return and feed. I got a new k&n fuel filter and the tank with pump is brand new OE. Just hadn’t decided on if I’m camming the LS yet or not. Might drive it from MS to Cali for Christmas and see what I think of the power. Old 350 was too far gone, oil starved and internals were wrecked. Makes sense why I picked up a K1500 for less than 1k lmao

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
You can either adapt your steel lines since they won't be a direct connection to your LS rails, or run something like braided lines with AN fittings. This is what I did, tank to rail. There are some really cool adapter fittings that will connect to the fuel rails that have a slip on fitting with a screw-in locking ring that goes behind the flange on the rail to keep it from popping off. Threw some pics below for reference.
You must be registered for see images attach

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Not that I'm aware of. If it were my money, I'd just run new lines starting down near the fuel filter. The return has a union down there as well. Unless finding a rail with a return was that much of an asspain, then I'd just do the returnless with Camaro filter.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Any thoughts on how I should run fuel lines and what not for a ls swap in my 97 k1500. I did just buy a new tank and pump last year and definitely wouldn’t wanna swap it with that expensive plastic sob that came on the Silverado. Any thoughts on how I can do this?

What year LS engine are you using? In 2004 GM changed the fuel system to a returnless style. 99-03 ls engines have a return line. If you have an 04 or newer engine and your horsepower goal is under 500 hp , the simplest way to set up your system is to buy a 225 lph Walbro in tank pump and go with the corvette filter / regulator. Mount the regulator as close to the tank as possible. I've done this on 3 LS swaps so far with great success.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/99-03-LS1-...rvette&hash=item1c80b4108b:g:Hu4AAOSwol5Y2cbx

Miguel torres

Reaction score
You can either adapt your steel lines since they won't be a direct connection to your LS rails, or run something like braided lines with AN fittings. This is what I did, tank to rail. There are some really cool adapter fittings that will connect to the fuel rails that have a slip on fitting with a screw-in locking ring that goes behind the flange on the rail to keep it from popping off. Threw some pics below for reference.
Do you happen to have the part number of the adapters from the sending unit to AN lines? Or at least what size they are

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk