Lowering without fabrication?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm sure this is covered somewhere (probably lots of somewheres), but with so much information here I couldn't find a match to my question... my apologies in advance for beating a dead horse, BUT...

One project I want to do on my 98 2500 is to lower it about 4 inches in the front and about 6 in the rear (approximate figures because the truck currently has 3 different size tires on it). I'm not looking to make any radical changes to the suspension or add airbags, I just think it would look better leveled and without the big gap between the top of the tires and the bottom of the tire opening in the fenders and quarter panels.

From what I've read, I'm guessing drop spindles in the front will do the trick, but the rear has me perplexed. This thing sits up high enough that I have plenty of clearance in the rear to drop the 6" between the frame and the top of the rear axle, but it wouldn't leave much room for travel. I did a few measurements, and they are as follows:

Distance between -

Bottom of the frame and top of the axle = 9.25"
Bottom of the bumpstops to top of axle = 5"
Bumpstops are 3.25" thick
Will be rolling on 225/75/16s

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Any opinions would be appreciated.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
front spindles and 2 inch coils
rear flip kit and bolt in cnotches
shocks all around

You wont have the clearnce after the flip kit is installed without the notches
i would hit up norcall ss for a djm kit

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah spindle's and spring's in the front, flip kit with small notch's in the rear, and add some good drop shock's all around, it doesn't get much easier to drop one than that.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys... that tell me what I need to know. Looks like I'm going to have to get access to a welder and plasma cutter. I wish i had 220 in my shop.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
For the small notch's all you need is a sawzall or a grinder with a cutoff wheel and a drill.

dkennedy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I guess you're right, but I was thinking that I'd like to scab a piece of steel inside of the C-channel just t make me feel better, but if it's not necessary I'm down with that too.

stroker52

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
when you buy the flip kit for the rear it will come with C-notchs.. you can weld them in or bolt.. i weld mine in so i can sleep better at night lol..