Lowered Suspension Issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dirty_Hairy

Reaction score
I recently did a 5"-7" drop on my 93 C1500 reg cab short box using all Belltech products and everything went well with no real installation issues.
I have been driving it for a week or so now which it drives very smooth and only bottoms out on the big bumps at a good speed but when I am sitting in a parking lot or driveway I get a lot of creaking noise out of the front end, it almost sounds like a coil spring flexing and a feel something like a spring popping when I go from lock to lock which that sound only is on the right side.
I went through and checked all of the bolts about 100 miles after install and tightened a few up which didn't change a thing.
When I did the kit I also did upper and lower ball joints and A-arm bushings and all of the steering components were replaced last year so I am a little baffled as to what it is or is this to be expected after lowering so much and changing some angles?

Also I cannot remember if it was creaky before lowering it, I guess I just never paid attention but since the kit installed I am more aware as to any noises as most of us probably are.

Thanks in advance
DH

outlawten5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With the weight of the vehicle on all 4 tires loosen the lower control arm bolts and bounce the truck a few times. Then re-tighten everything. Most people tighten them with the suspension unloaded and they will creak