Love the kicks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hahahaha........ I love it when I can help someone achieve a higher perspective of such a simple thing as a "kick panel". I started installing professionally in 1989, and I remember the birth of q logic, and when those kicks first come out. I believe it was the mid 90's, and they haven't changed much since.... they are what they are! Alot of people will think they are the greatest thing, I personally don't care for them...

And this is just the opinion of one old installer....

Well I love learning about stuff like this from people who do it professionally, so thanks! I've built and installed quite a few audio setups for myself and friends over the years but never worked at a shop or anything like that so my experience is limited. It's cool to hear first hand experience on products I've seen or heard of but never had a chance to check out.

My red truck has got a pretty nice (and semi-period correct) SQ system that I put together over a decade ago. It was a really fun project.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well I love learning about stuff like this from people who do it professionally, so thanks! I've built and installed quite a few audio setups for myself and friends over the years but never worked at a shop or anything like that so my experience is limited. It's cool to hear first hand experience on products I've seen or heard of but never had a chance to check out.

My red truck has got a pretty nice (and semi-period correct) SQ system that I put together over a decade ago. It was a really fun

And there it is..... its a blast! I love what I do for a living! It doesn't matter if I'm fabricating or installing a remote start, I juat absolutely enjoy the work, and I guess I try to pass on my knowledge AND my passion! Thanks for following along and interacting! I love it!!!

Reaction score
OKAY, so how much for a pair of these? I too have a set of the old Q logics. And they are crap, especially if you are trying to run a good midbass in them. No strength. And I just don't have the time to fab these. In the middle of an entire system rebuild.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Q logics lack quality all around!!!!! I've been doing this professionally for 30+ years and every set I've installed were cheap and flimsy and there is no enclosure for the woofer..... its just an open back baffle!!!!!
U ain ******** there,$250+ a set and if u don't sound deaden em they resonate like a bb in a beer can! Best way to go is make ur own if u have the skills...then u can custom angle them for time alignment anyways! Looking good, wanna see em glassed and in! I'm about to jump into custom door panels for ally mids ( 2 6.5 ,1 4" and 1 4" tweeter in each door) can't hack anymore holes , already looks like garbage but wasn't ready for glass work yet as I been trying different mids to get the sound I want.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alrighty, I'm trying to feed into that community bit and share personally....

So, I have a build in the street thread, but id like to share what ot is I do all day long to be able to afford ot build my race truck "Wh4t3v3rs". I've already regretted these pics, and I haven't posted them yet......

I will help however I can! I will consider building and shipping! And last, please just don't start bombarding me with crazy what if questions, and dream builds that are years down the road....

Juat a simple kick that will hold a 6 1/2" Hertz Mille Pro coaxial. Im in the middle of mirroring the drivers kick, so I haven't hardened it yet....

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm not a sq guy per-se, I run TONS of power but has to be nice and clear ( currently run active 3 way in the doors, but 650 watts per door lol) , always wanted to build a sq setup but always end up wanting more volume. Have you had any experience with the new infinity primus coax and components? I've been installed for over 25 years now ( 15 professionally) and these are hands down the best entry-mid level speakers in thier price range and rms rating. Literally 9 out of 10 setups I have put these in end up with a flat eq and they sound phenomenal! At less than $100 a pair and rms rating of 80watts u just can't beat em! I run pioneer pro 6.5s , ds18 4" , and ds18 tweeters ( had the pioneer pro tweeters but no recoil available) . I like the pro series cause unlike most pro audio these play down to 70hz vs 120+hz for most others. But I'm crazy, I run 1300 watts to the doors and 8k to my 3 american bass tnt 15s, they gotta keep up!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok everybody, I've finally got my wood shop setup, stocked, and equipped..... I will be moving forward with the kick panels this week. I have the drivers side finished and I'm ready for glass.
Just a little peek at the wood/fiberglass shop!!!!

For those interested in boxes, center consoles, kick panels, door panels, or custom work may PM me now.....

I also have a few lines of equipment that I deal with the manufacturers on. I'm offering these lines shipped to my fellow gmt400 patrons. If you don't care for the choice of equipment or the prices please don't bash, complain, whine, or talk out the Ass. I will stop offering equipment AND custom services to everyone....
1. Alpine
2. Kenwood
3. Memphis
4. Hertz Audio
5. DC Audio
6. Audio Control