Love the kicks!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Alrighty, I'm trying to feed into that community bit and share personally....

So, I have a build in the street thread, but id like to share what ot is I do all day long to be able to afford ot build my race truck "Wh4t3v3rs". I've already regretted these pics, and I haven't posted them yet......

I will help however I can! I will consider building and shipping! And last, please just don't start bombarding me with crazy what if questions, and dream builds that are years down the road....

Juat a simple kick that will hold a 6 1/2" Hertz Mille Pro coaxial. Im in the middle of mirroring the drivers kick, so I haven't hardened it yet....

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Just curious, is there a cosmetic or functional reason you decided to build these instead of using a set of the Q-Logic kick panels? Or was it just a budget thing? I imagine you'll have less money invested doing it this way but much more time.

Cool thread regardless, nice work!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just curious, is there a cosmetic or functional reason you decided to build these instead of using a set of the Q-Logic kick panels? Or was it just a budget thing? I imagine you'll have less money invested doing it this way but much more time.

Cool thread regardless, nice work!

The Q logics lack quality all around!!!!! I've been doing this professionally for 30+ years and every set I've installed were cheap and flimsy and there is no enclosure for the woofer..... its just an open back baffle!!!!!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They are 100% vacuum molded out of abs plastic with a plastic grill

According to Amazon the ones for these trucks don't even include a grille, at least the 6.5" versions. You have to cut the mounting holes yourself and use your own grille. I figured they'd have some sort of enclosure or at least bracing for the money, although I can't say I'm surprised honestly. I've had similar experiences with other Q-Logic products over the years.

Guess there's a reason they don't show the rear of their kick panels in any of the pictures online...

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Amazon the ones for these trucks don't even include a grille, at least the 6.5" versions. You have to cut the mounting holes yourself and use your own grille. I figured they'd have some sort of enclosure or at least bracing for the money, although I can't say I'm surprised honestly. I've had similar experiences with other Q-Logic products over the years.

Guess there's a reason they don't show the rear of their kick panels in any of the pictures online...

Hahahaha........ I love it when I can help someone achieve a higher perspective of such a simple thing as a "kick panel". I started installing professionally in 1989, and I remember the birth of q logic, and when those kicks first come out. I believe it was the mid 90's, and they haven't changed much since.... they are what they are! Alot of people will think they are the greatest thing, I personally don't care for them...

And this is just the opinion of one old installer....