lmc door panels???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i was wanting to purchase new door panels for my 89 ......i currently have the silverado trim package.....but the panels are over 20 years old and starting to show their age.........lmc lists door panels for my truck .....but they say they dont have them for trucks with the silverado trim package......will these replacement door panels fit my truck?.......i really dont understand why they wouldnt be interchangeable?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I hardly see ever see square dash trucks in the wreckers, anymore. If I do, they are usually beat to death. Hardly a salvageable interior part. The reg. cabs of those years had the full plastic trim pieces. The later years they cheaped out with the trim.
The door panel dif's might be in the mounting points. Not sure though. Never compared the 2 side by side. I know that some of the 88/89's had something different than the later years (of that dash style) with the interior door handles. Size/shape/placement?

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you look on page 103 of the LMC truck catalog, you will notice there are two different door panels listed. The first panel if for all trim levels in 88 and 89, the second is for the Silverado trim on 90-94. The first door panel will fit the Cheyenne and Scottsdale/Work Truck packages on the 90-94s. They mount exactly in the same spots.
Having an 89, if you were to "upgrade" to the Silverado door panels you would need to get new window and lock switches as well as the switch bezel.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
There it is ^^^!!! One thing about this forum, there is usually someone that knows about the obscure kinda stuff!
Rep -> rightisray!

naphidim

Reaction score
thanx rightway, i got a 1990 cheyenne work truck and was wondering if those door panels would fit, now i know thanx again

DR CHOP

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I believe those door panels are from Coverlay or Dashtop, installed a set for a customer about 5 year ago. They fit ok, just made kind of cheesy. They are like blow molded thin plastic with a few pieces of fabric to dress them up. The door panels in your in 88-89 trucks are already plastic , you could have them upholstered, painted, dyed, for less than new panels.

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey whats up chop.....long time no hear......the carpet on the bottom of my panels has seen better days......i would like to get it stripped off....and have the plastics redone......how much would you quote me?......i can post pics if you would like

1Sik1500

Reaction score
When I swapped mine around.. I enjoyed the old Dash 92
We Practically had the same truck...
You must be registered for see images