Lifted 2wd alignment issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

theocomer

Reaction score
Hi everyone, new member here been reading for years as a guest. Ive got a 1990 Chevy c 1500. It's a lifted manual 2 wheel drive 350. I can't get it aligned because the camber is too far out on the upper control arms and I already have the upper control arms adjusted and as far as they can go. Does anybody know if there is a longer lower control arm or adjustable upper control arm available for the gmt400. I don't want to take any of the lift components off. It has a rough country 4 inch lift spindle as well as coil spring spacers and ball joint spacers. Thanks guys.

You must be registered for see images attach
Did you ever find a solution? If so lmk. I have a 95 with a 6 inch and 3 inch body and my truck is bow legged as hell.

gw72

Reaction score
I have a 1998 2wd 2500 that was handed down to me for my kids. It belonged to my wife's late grandfather. It's a decent truck but I hated the stance of that 2wd long bed. So I added 2.5" spacers to it. It looked a lot better but the camber was extremely negative (tilting in at the top). I took it to get an alignment at a local shop. It was still extremely negative cambered. They told me that it was the best they could do. I assumed that the knockouts where still in place (truck has low mileage, only 80k). Not only did it look horrible, the a arms were bottoming out on every bump and ride quality was terrible. I started messing with the upper a arm adjustments at home and no, the knockouts were not in place. I made a huge adjustment to the upper a arms and I flipped the balljoints to the bottom. No spacer, just mover them to the bottom. I still have to get an alignment done but, the tires are visibly flatter on the ground and the ride quality is so much better with no a arms bottoming out.

Attachments

• 20230205_181502.jpg
    20230205_181502.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 7

93chevyluvr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found the 7.5 fabtech kit on Facebook marketplace but the guy that is setting it is including the truck. $6300 I believe. He lowered the price sometime last week