Lifted 2wd alignment issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ritter126

Reaction score
I'm currently building a new motor for it. Nothing wrong with the old one. Just wanted a little more power with vortec heads and a bigger cam. She has true dual exhaust front to back with no mufflers or catalytic converters she really screams going down the road lol

You must be registered for see images attach

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome. Looks like a cool build. Next motor I get will be a 383 vortec from gm lol. Mine is about 21" just wondering btw. I'm pushing 31" tires

Ritter126

Reaction score
Awesome. Looks like a cool build. Next motor I get will be a 383 vortec from gm lol. Mine is about 21" just wondering btw. I'm pushing 31" tires
A 383 vortec is going to be awesome. I have 33in tires. I use my 31in tires for snow. These 33s suck, I spin out everywhere, my tread pattern is too flat

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had 32" Falcons lol they sucked in the water. Got tired of hydroplaning... went to 31 Michelin defenders. Love those. Mine is always on the street btw that's why I use street tires. I use to want bf goodrich. Love there thread pattern but I need the most mileage for my truck.

firemandad

Reaction score
The only companies that I’ve heard of that make quality 2wd lift components for gmt400 trucks are Fabtech and Maxtrac. It sounds like your at the end of the limits with the stock suspension geometry.

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
Looks like you have it figured out but I'll post anyway incase anyone else needs the information.

You have two options to fix the camber. Ball joint spacers or extended upper control arms, I went with the later since I didn't want to space my ball joints out. I have a 2wd Yukon that I had lifted 6" but dropped it back to 5" after some issues that came up.

Anyway, the extended arms I have, have been discontinued for a number of years now (Crown Suspension) but within the last year and a half or so other manufacturers have came back out with them. Don't know how they compare to the ones I have since I haven't used them, but whenever someone ask me about 2wd lifts over 4" and what was needed to fix the camber issues (get messages pretty regularly) I have been pointing them to these control arms and also BJ spacers.

Chassis Tech from eBay
Without ball joints: eBay item number 372091433472
With ball joints: eBay item number 372092336863
Ball joint spacers: eBay item number 272891943181

https://www.airbagit.com/ also makes a couple arms, both fixed and adjustable. Again, never used them but also a place I recommend to people whenever they ask to give them more options.

Fixed arms: X2-CAR-GM8898A (looks to be the closest in design to the arms I have)
Adjustable arms: X2-CAR-GM8898Z
Ball joint spacers: X2-BJ-GM8898-1.5

Airbagit also have upper and lower arm sets with coils if you wanted to go and added 3" on top of the 4" spendels. Never used them though and don't know anyone who has.

Ritter126

Reaction score
Looks like you have it figured out but I'll post anyway incase anyone else needs the information.

You have two options to fix the camber. Ball joint spacers or extended upper control arms, I went with the later since I didn't want to space my ball joints out. I have a 2wd Yukon that I had lifted 6" but dropped it back to 5" after some issues that came up.

Anyway, the extended arms I have, have been discontinued for a number of years now (Crown Suspension) but within the last year and a half or so other manufacturers have came back out with them. Don't know how they compare to the ones I have since I haven't used them, but whenever someone ask me about 2wd lifts over 4" and what was needed to fix the camber issues (get messages pretty regularly) I have been pointing them to these control arms and also BJ spacers.

Chassis Tech from eBay
Without ball joints: eBay item number 372091433472
With ball joints: eBay item number 372092336863
Ball joint spacers: eBay item number 272891943181

https://www.airbagit.com/ also makes a couple arms, both fixed and adjustable. Again, never used them but also a place I recommend to people whenever they ask to give them more options.

Fixed arms: X2-CAR-GM8898A (looks to be the closest in design to the arms I have)
Adjustable arms: X2-CAR-GM8898Z
Ball joint spacers: X2-BJ-GM8898-1.5

Airbagit also have upper and lower arm sets with coils if you wanted to go and added 3" on top of the 4" spendels. Never used them though and don't know anyone who has.
Thank you, very much appreciated.

Feintmotion86

Reaction score
I have some fabtech upper arms I don't think I'm going to use. New bushings, will have ball joints that were used for maybe 1k miles. let me know if you're interested.

TacosnBeer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ran stock lowers and Fabtech uppers with 2 balljoint spacers on my lifted 2wd (and 35s) with no issues at the alignment rack.

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/gmt400-2wd-lift-guide.20592/page-5#post-1095850

My white 93 is on page 5 with details - and my snafu with the original Fabtech spindles. The second pair are still on the truck (8yrs now). I dont own it anymore but, she has been beat hard and she is still kickin. Never had issues with alignments with the spacers. I think its a must for lifted spindles on a 2wd.

Last edited: