Lets see your solid axle steering set ups

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robn69

Reaction score
I'm redoing my steering on my 90 ex cab 1500 with a solid axle swap. And I think it would be cool to see how everyone did it and specs to gets some ideas. So post them up.

Last edited:

jps4jeep

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Stock steering box, 98-03 durango pitman arm, reamed for 1 ton tre. Links are 1.5".25 wall dom, with ruff stuff weld in 3/4" bungs. Stock knuckle drilled out with jk tre flip from poly performance. All tre are 1ton gm, pass side is a 1 ton gm tre with a dampener mount also reamer out. Only thing I had to do was ever so slightly grind the top corner of the tre to clear H2 rims, anything with less backspace would be fine

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here is mine. ORD crossover steering with ORD high steer setup, with hydraulic ram assist I fabbed up and peiced together (i made a build thread on it in this section a month ago or so)

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
here is mine. ORD crossover steering with ORD high steer setup, with hydraulic ram assist I fabbed up and peiced together (i made a build thread on it in this section a month ago or so)

I have the same ORD setup as you only i have the tie rods opposit from you... is there a rite or wrong?? It steers great

891Ton

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you use a Chevy axle? That's a Ford 60. Do you have high steer?

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nope ford d60 and still have the factory ford tierods. Just the crossover steering so far

silver98z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The only difference, if indeed your tierod is in its factory location and your draglink is in the rearward hole on your steering arm, is a tighter turning radius. I'd leave it alone if you feel no negative effects.

axisT6

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is what I did on my DD/Hauler/Tow'er. My tie-rod goes behind the axle. I used the springless arms and offset TREs from PartsMike.

There is roughly an inch of clearance between the shock and the tie rod. If I didn't have the offset TREs, I would have had to redo my shock mounts.