Stuck with Solid blinkers once I added New led corner markers ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So this is strange … I did a pic and tutorial on my lense tint and Led corners yesterday. After testing them in the (day) with the headlight switch off all was good t . The LED corners blink accordingly with the parking lenses only when I have the ( Headlight switch off). As soon as I turn to running lights or all the way to lights on the parking lense and corners just light up and stay solid No (Blink) ?

My park lenses work fine if I leave the corner marker Leds unplugged .
I’ve also tried flipping the connector on the LEDs plug to the corner pigtail to see if it was polarity issue .
Turn relay? Issue?
I have LEDs in front back and I don’t have to use any kind of ballast,
The older trucks don’t hyper flash.

These are sold with normal reviews .. all it is a Led board teed into both upper and lower corner markers . It should act as a normal 194 bulb would when the parking lights are on.

I know my bulbs are not flipped wrong inside The front parking Lenses ….. because they work with the headlight switch off or on. The LED corners work with the parking lenses at the same time blinking with the headlights off so I know they technically function. It’s something weird anybody ever tried these things.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do you have electronic flasher?
Pretty sure ya it’s a black squared flasher relay box
Problem is when I turn the headlight switch to parking or fully on
That’s when nothing flashes the relay box don’t make its noise . The lights all stay solid , until I turn the headlight switch back to off !

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The LED corner markers are just parallel wired together
So they have you as shown plug right into your 194 pigtail .
I know they flash and function .. it’s something when you turn the headlights to running and or fully on.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
You took out the last load point the flasher unit could use. If everything in the truck is LED, it does not matter what flasher you use, it will not flash. You need load resistors on the front blinker wires, then everything will work as it should again.

The older trucks don’t hyper flash.
Not true at all. The 94+ trucks with the original factory 4-pin flasher units that were not designed for LEDs absolutely will hyperflash.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You took out the last load point the flasher unit could use. If everything in the truck is LED, it does not matter what flasher you use, it will not flash. You need load resistors on the front blinker wires, then everything will work as it should again.

Not true at all. The 94+ trucks with the original factory 4-pin flasher units that were not designed for LEDs absolutely will hyperflash.
I have a stock flasher relay in my junction box under the dash and I have LEDs in tail back up and both front parking signals

I get zero hyper flash None .

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

So your saying with a stock flasher relay ‘which that’s what I have not the one designed to fix hyper flashing that you can grab at the local auto parts.

Plus with me having LED 3157 tail bulbs and led reverse bulbs and two front amber Led parking lamp bulbs .

That is why whjw I turn my parking lights on everything is just is at a stand still solid lit because I added led corner markers limiting the flashers ability

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need load resistors on the front blinker wires, then everything will work as it should again.
Would a work around be putting standard reverse bulbs back in? Would that gain way for the LED corners to function ?

Do you mean a load resistor as in
One of these ? They sell them on Amazon or at local auto parts.
Do I need one one each LED marker or just one (resistor) per pair per side?

I though these just fixed hyper flashing

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I have a stock flasher relay in my junction box under the dash and I have LEDs in tail back up and both front parking signals

I get zero hyper flash None .
Is the flasher modified? Every 400 with the newer flasher unit I've seen will hyperflash. Mine certainly did when I only had LEDs in the front and incandescent in the rear until I put in an EP29L flasher. Then I had to add the resistors when I went fully LED.

Would a work around be putting standard reverse bulbs back in? Would that gain way for the LED corners to function ?

Do you mean a load resistor as in
One of these ? They sell them on Amazon or at local auto parts On each lense or just one per side ? I though these just fixed hyper flashing
The load resistors do help with hyperflashing *sometimes* but also give the flasher unit a load so it thinks there's something there to flash. That in the screenshot will work perfectly. One for each side, one end of the resistor on the front blinker wires (light blue, dark blue), other end to ground. Do not use the brown wire, that is the park lamps wire and will not help anything.

The reverse lights are not part of any flasher circuit therefore don't matter.

A97obs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
S
Is the flasher modified? Every 400 with the newer flasher unit I've seen will hyperflash
Sorry I just yanked it out and someone did already put in a ep29 smh…
This truck had aftermarket led Cluster bulbs when I got it . But never had led tail bulbs or fronts .

So I guess I just need to grab two resistors