leak at the fitting between the pressure hose and power steering pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BIG_1088

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello

i apologize is this is the wrong place for this thread, but i have no clue where else to put it

anyways, my truck has a leak at the power steering pump/pressure hose fitting that doesn't seem to be going away no matter what i do. i replaced the hose already and its still there, and no amount of tightening the fitting seems to fix it at all

is there any way i can just seal it and call it a day, or just do anything with it at all to make it stop leaking?

thanks

-big

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume you replaced the O-ring on the hose fitting? Another thing to look at is the fitting that the hose screws into is removable so you can get to the flow control orifice behind it, maybe it's leaking there?

BIG_1088

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume you replaced the O-ring on the hose fitting? Another thing to look at is the fitting that the hose screws into is removable so you can get to the flow control orifice behind it, maybe it's leaking there?

i have replaced the ring on there, and the darned thing still leaks

as for the flow control, i am gonna look at that tonight and see whats up with it

-big

evilunclegrimace

Does not always play well with others
Reaction score
this is the flow control the piece in inside the pump is the pressure relief valve
You must be registered for see images attach

long_bed

Reaction score
Dumb question from me, did the old o-ring come out? Also, the o ring isn't supposed to go past the "lip" on the fitting, just up against it. Did this job last week.