Leaf springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a good price . i was looking on SD and it was about $430. Thank you for that link man.
My only concern is i have a 3" lift block, so idk if i needed differant U bolts
This is a family owned shop in PA, very friendly and getting bigger u-bolts wouldn’t be a problem. Just call them, owner or his son are very knowledgeable. Just my 2 cents.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW- that kit gave me at least 2” lift just from spring upgrade 3+1 to 4+1!
Also, got their cast u-bolt plates.

Attachments

• B52CEE61-36A1-4A9F-ACAA-1276E8D84C4A.jpeg
    B52CEE61-36A1-4A9F-ACAA-1276E8D84C4A.jpeg
    177.3 KB · Views: 4
  • 3494851E-CA8C-4115-8808-C4AF9B64EFFF.jpeg
    3494851E-CA8C-4115-8808-C4AF9B64EFFF.jpeg
    54.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

xAFNYx

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll definitely have to call them to see what they say about the lift block.
BTW- that kit gave me at least 2” lift just from spring upgrade 3+1 to 4+1!
Also, got their cast u-bolt plates.
I didnt see these on their site, They go on the under side of the ubolts right ?

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll definitely have to call them to see what they say about the lift block.

I didnt see these on their site, They go on the under side of the ubolts right ?
Top cap plate on top of leaf, u-bolt sits on top and lower plate under axle, u-bolts come through these.

langkg

Reaction score
Go to a local spring shop or you’ll spend half as much in shipping as the springs cost.

Personally I recommend going with stock number and size of leafs unless you like your headlights aiming at the ground and the ride quality of a lumber wagon. I also recommend replacing the rear shackles, shackle bolts and of course the u bolts. Bilstein shocks from Z71 package are also worth the money. My ‘94 Sierra handles dirt roads much better than my 2015 Sierra.

Last edited:

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to a local spring shop or you’ll spend half as much in shipping as the springs cost.

Personally I recommend going with stock number and size of leafs unless you like your headlights aiming at the ground and the ride quality of a lumber wagon. I also recommend replacing the rear shackles, shackle bolts and of coarse the u bolts. Bilstein shocks from Z71 package are also worth the money. My ‘94 Sierra handles dirt roads much better than my 2015 Sierra.
I’d say his stock ride disappeared with a 3” lift installed. But for the record, an upgrade to 4+1 leafs on mine has only been an improvement. It also passed inspection for lights, so at least for me,
You must be registered for see images attach
a non issue.

langkg

Reaction score
It’s likely up to the individual and the operating environment of the truck. Before rebuilding my suspension back to stock I had add-a-leaf and it increased the height at the rear by around 2.5”. It also rode like crap on the many dirt roads and off roads I run. I put them in for firewood cutting and cannot tell you how much better the truck is back with stock springs. The little bit of extra capacity wasn’t worth it. Additionally you just overload the stock half ton brakes and axle so you have to be sensible about things. Honestly you’re better off just buying a trailer for whatever extra load you want. Your truck will tow more than it will carry. My $0.02 anyway!!