L31 Extreme Budget Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rebelyell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Back to the cam best I can tell. The actual lobe is.
258/282 @ 0.006
200/216 @ 0.050
118/130 @ 0.200
0.3015/0.310 lobe lift
0.452/0.465 lift with a 1.5 rocker
111 ICL and 120 ECL
115.5 LSA

I will be running 1.6s on it, it will see a slight duration increase at the valves.

It has some odd specs but it is a GM steel roller cam used in some L31 application making about 300 hp. Comes new in the GM cam shipping tube for $100.
Hi:
Newbie here
What is complete GM PN for that steel roller cam ?
Does it have a fuel pump eccentric aka lobe ?
thanks!

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think on the mounting bracket arms? Rattle can them flat black like the core support, leaving only the core showing?
I see a bare core and I want it painted blaaaack.

No but really, I watched a video about heat transfer efficiency of bare aluminum cores and ones painted black. The LIGHTLY painted ones were more efficient than the bare, (think: just a light fogging to hide the aluminum) the heavily painted ones were obviously less as the paint acted like an insulator, but it was still interesting to see the results.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I see a bare core and I want it painted blaaaack.

No but really, I watched a video about heat transfer efficiency of bare aluminum cores and ones painted black. The LIGHTLY painted ones were more efficient than the bare, (think: just a light fogging to hide the aluminum) the heavily painted ones were obviously less as the paint acted like an insulator, but it was still interesting to see the results.
The condenser has a coating on it.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hi:
Newbie here
What is complete GM PN for that steel roller cam ?
Does it have a fuel pump eccentric aka lobe ?
thanks!
GM 94666492, my examples have had a fuel pump lobe. That being said it looks like it is out of stock everywhere currently, possible even in the process of being discontinued.

Last edited: