Kodiak/topkick exterior handle rods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So, I may have figured out a part of the puzzle at a decent price

On eBay, there is a seller who acquired some handles from a GM plant buyout with the lock pawls and locks ready to go. Also looks like the clips are there. He made the listing a make offer style. I messaged him and he said he would accept 100 shipped. So you get two handles, two lock pawls, 2 locks, and some plastic clips. Not too bad for 100.00 shipped.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/New-15046449...611349?hash=item21349cca15:g:zA0AAOSwZW5aKDP4

You must be registered for see images attach

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
So, I may have figured out a part of the puzzle at a decent price

On eBay, there is a seller who acquired some handles from a GM plant buyout with the lock pawls and locks ready to go. Also looks like the clips are there. He made the listing a make offer style. I messaged him and he said he would accept 100 shipped. So you get two handles, two lock pawls, 2 locks, and some plastic clips. Not too bad for 100.00 shipped.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/New-15046449...611349?hash=item21349cca15:g:zA0AAOSwZW5aKDP4

Not a terribly bad price for what you get, although the ignition and locks aren't really of use unless you want to change your existing ones.

I will say I have 2 reproduction handles on my dually and honestly I can't tell much of a difference between them and my OEM pair of handles.

now the big question, what about the back doors for crew cab?
Same linkage!
They are the same. GM never made a full on production crewcab (special order) so the handles are exactly the same front to back. I just put dummy lock cylinders in mine and painted them black, and only hooked up the latch rock with no lock rods. You could in theory install locks and lock rods in all 4 doors if you wish, but why.

mars2878

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They are the same. GM never made a full on production crewcab (special order) so the handles are exactly the same front to back. I just put dummy lock cylinders in mine and painted them black, and only hooked up the latch rock with no lock rods. You could in theory install locks and lock rods in all 4 doors if you wish, but why.

excellent on being the same.
so for the extra working locks, mine is all manual, so just unlocking the rear vs unlocking the front & reaching into the back to unlock is a slight time saver vs the extra cost of 2 rods & 2 locks keyed. that's provided the rod will work w/ the rear latches.

but hey, its just a thought

GMT_TANK

Reaction score
Coming from a tool and die maker those would be a b*#%h to make.
Not really, mild steel rod and my oxy torch makes the bending easy, and I have an idea to make them adjustable. I’ll post my prototypes shortly. Driving the family around for Christmas shopping now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
Bending them wouldnt be bad, bending them accuratly would be a pita. Ive got a manual rod bender that would make short work of bending those without a torch but making a replica of them is the problem. If you figure it out though more power to ya, i might buy a set lol

Last edited:

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
excellent on being the same.
so for the extra working locks, mine is all manual, so just unlocking the rear vs unlocking the front & reaching into the back to unlock is a slight time saver vs the extra cost of 2 rods & 2 locks keyed. that's provided the rod will work w/ the rear latches.

but hey, its just a thought
If youve got power locks just hit the button?