Keyless Entry Trouble Shoot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TGriffin49

Reaction score
Got a keyless entry for my 97. Tried programming the remote by connecting the 4 and 8 slots under the dash... couldnt get it to work. Tried it out on my dad's 98 to make sure i was doing it right and his worked immediately. Not sure if i have a bad fuse or what. Anybody have some pointers? Thanks

Brayswheels

Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but were you able to find a solution? Having the same issue with my truck

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but were you able to find a solution? Having the same issue with my truck

Start a new post, and provide details.... posting that you're "having the same Problem" as two other trucks of differing years with vastly different wiring/electronics is not going to do any good.

Brayswheels

Reaction score
Start a new post, and provide details.... posting that you're "having the same Problem" as two other trucks of differing years with vastly different wiring/electronics is not going to do any good.
Made a new post, no harm in asking what's worked for others :biggrin: It should be the same or very similar wiring between a 97 and 98. There's been a few threads with no answer unfortunately. Hoping the OP found something.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Made a new post, no harm in asking what's worked for others :biggrin: It should be the same or very similar wiring between a 97 and 98. There's been a few threads with no answer unfortunately. Hoping the OP found something.

No one knows what you have, and the other thread you grave dug was a much earlier truck.