IRS in a gmt400

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
C7 Bolt pattern based spindles I think more common due to pattern matching older gm vehicles. Using aftermarket spindle with c7 hub on my other vehicle

Attachments

• 20211118_093832.jpg
    20211118_093832.jpg
    207.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Figured I would update y’all on the project, I designed front knuckles and got them plasma cut out of plate steel. I have not assembled the knuckles yet but will send pictures of the progress when I do. They use 5th gen camaro zl1 hubs. 5th gen brakes mount directly to them. I set my offset so that center of the tire is where the factory tire was. This keeps my steering geometry correct. I will use custom a arms to further change the offset later on if needed(just for looks). I haven’t bought a rear subframe yet but am trying to in the next few months. I have not gave up on the irs build, it’s just money is tight right now with the current economy.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Figured I would update y’all on the project, I designed front knuckles and got them plasma cut out of plate steel. I have not assembled the knuckles yet but will send pictures of the progress when I do. They use 5th gen camaro zl1 hubs. 5th gen brakes mount directly to them. I set my offset so that center of the tire is where the factory tire was. This keeps my steering geometry correct. I will use custom a arms to further change the offset later on if needed(just for looks). I haven’t bought a rear subframe yet but am trying to in the next few months. I have not gave up on the irs build, it’s just money is tight right now with the current economy.
I would put a tape measure on one from an 04-2014ish Armada or a 2005-2012 Pathfinder. Tons of them running around, they share the same 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern as GM, and is a similar weight vehicle.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would put a tape measure on one from an 04-2014ish Armada or a 2005-2012 Pathfinder. Tons of them running around, they share the same 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern as GM, and is a similar weight vehicle.
Thanks for the suggestion, I am actually running a 5x4.75 since I am using 5th gen z28 wheels

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone have some name suggestions for the truck? I would like it to be something camaro related since many parts I am using are off of a camaro. Many names I like are already taken such as zl1500.

Alteca

Truck go vroom
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are you planning on controlling the e-diff in that ZL1 rear end?
Plan on using 5th gen zl1 rear end which as far as I know does not use any electronics, due to budget I might end up with a 5th gen ss rear end.

Edit: I had originally planned on using the 6th gen zl1 rear end but the electronics is what’s stopping me.

0xDEADBEEF

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ediff is amazing on track. It would be awesome if there was a standalone controller for it, but I can see how it might not be possible. I'm sure it needs a lot of inputs to get full advantage from it.

Maybe something simple could be done to just manually lock it.