intake problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok guys i have drilled and shaved and everything but pull out a torch(sarcasm) and i think i might have an idea it might be stupid but here it is.i thought about slottin the intake where the holes are and then i should be able to mount it easily and it should have enough strength not to brake when i tighten the bolts.i have shaved it to where the outside of the hole is already 1/16 of an inch thick that cant be doin much other than keepin me from puttin my bolts in
the edges look thicker at this angle but their like that because of the high they are and the angle of my phone
You must be registered for see images attach

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That intake is different from the ones that I have done, there is not enough room on that one to elongate those holes without opening it up all the way to the edge.

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so my idea is right? is that what your telling me.im sorry i dont understand what your trying to explain to me.but i really do appreciate the help.by opening the hole do you mean make it a slot instead of a hole?is my intake the wrong one?it came offf of a 1988 pontiac trans-am camaro has the same thing

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No problem man, What I mean is that the intakes that I have modded and elongated the holes in have had a straight aluminum edge all the way front to back, and the intake you are trying to mod isn't that way is drops down around the center port some and doesn't have as much material to work with. I think you should go ahead and try your idea of cutting out a slot, that's probably the only way that will work, but I think with a nice size washer over the slot you would still be ok with it.

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok man thanx i might make some angled spacers so i dont put too much stress on one area.ill work something out.but i thought about my idea and the slots letting the intake move some how but the other eight bolts will hold it down and in place the 2 center bolts just mainly hold pressure between the head and intake so water doesnt fill up the engine.but im going to get started on everything asap once again thanks alot