intake problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
that edelbrock base plate is sweet but a bit over my budget.i wish i could mount my intake up to the heads i have now but it seems like i will need very thick intake manifold gaskets.or something of the sort

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok i was looking over the pic of that edelbrock intake manifold you posted a link to.and it has no center bolt holes it only has front and back bolt hole pairs?does that mean that if i got that intake i wouldnt need center sets? i might be wrong but i dont think i could go without my center bolts could i?because of the water ways in the intake and heads?

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
ok i was looking over the pic of that edelbrock intake manifold you posted a link to.and it has no center bolt holes it only has front and back bolt hole pairs?does that mean that if i got that intake i wouldnt need center sets? i might be wrong but i dont think i could go without my center bolts could i?because of the water ways in the intake and heads?
that intake pictured is for Vortec heads, they only have 4 holes per a side. DESIGNED that way.

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
oh ok gotcha.i found a set of camaro heads for the tpi version and the guy wants 200 for em.they arent cracked and in good shape with all the guts to them

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i already bought a new base to the intake i busted.the engine had the same intake on it that i already have when i took the heads off.so it should match withgout any issues

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
also i have been searching to have my wiring harness rebuilt and ive found jims performance he wants 400 to rebuild the harness and 189 to burn my second prom chip is that good or bad ? any suggested companies?

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Considering dealer cost for your stock harness is $175 and the stock harness for that camaro is ~$175, then I'd say he's getting $50 to build it........That is, if he were building it from 2 brand new harnesses. That seems kind of high, but if you look at custom harnesses for hot rods, they can be up there too. Do some google searching for custom wire harness....the most money is saved after lots of research. On a side note, the harness for my '56 cost $399. It was the one that allows the use of an interceptor 355ci out of a 96 Caprice to be used in a 56 chevy.

chevyboy1992

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ok thanks.i have to run 2 ecms i have to have one to run my trans and one to run my ecm and i dont have all the wiring to do all the hookups but i will continue on the search