I want your opinion - Full Front End Rebuild C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rick Reid

Reaction score
put in new upper Moog ball joints in my truck sometime back, one cracked at about 1500 miles :(

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
put in new upper Moog ball joints in my truck sometime back, one cracked at about 1500 miles :(

Yea I will say I definitely decided against the moog ball joints. I’ve been hearing bad and same from all my buddy’s saying there’s only last a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reega

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, I've noticed the pictures are often the same between the two. Sometimes the pictures can be old, Though.

Where are you getting Spicer from? Raybestos is part of Brake Parts Inc. I don't think they were ever a part of Dana/Spicer.

I didn’t realize either until the parts showed up, had Dana/Spicer on them

You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I didn’t realize either until the parts showed up, had Dana/Spicer on them

You must be registered for see images attach

Weird. I wonder if they're still using the name. Now that I think about it, I did have some really cheap Raybestos upper ball joints on my truck from Amazon for awhile.... I got the pair for $10! That was probably 6 to 8 years ago, Though. I don't think I've seen Raybestos chassis parts since. I did find a Raybestos Powertrain, Though. One guy on an AMC forum says it was sold to Federal Mogul. There have been so many mergers and divestitures over the last 10 to 20 years it's hard to know who owns what anymore.

Reega

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weird. I wonder if they're still using the name. Now that I think about it, I did have some really cheap Raybestos upper ball joints on my truck from Amazon for awhile.... I got the pair for $10! That was probably 6 to 8 years ago, Though. I don't think I've seen Raybestos chassis parts since. I did find a Raybestos Powertrain, Though. One guy on an AMC forum says it was sold to Federal Mogul. There have been so many mergers and divestitures over the last 10 to 20 years it's hard to know who owns what anymore.
Yeah what I just read that Affinia was bought by Federal Mogul. So I guess that’s MOOG as well. All I know is the box I got says Dana/Spicer.

mykvr6

Reaction score
I just replaced upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends and sleeves with all new MOOG stuff. I did the pitman arm and idler and idler bracket maybe 6 months ago cause they were bad, super sloppy. I also did replace my rag joint. Its pretty tight now. I guess we'll see how long this stuff lasts. I didn't do control arm bushings though. Also put in Energy Suspension spring spacers. Got it aligned today and it rides good. It does do this weird pop if I go over the little speed bumps in my neighborhood. Almost like something shifting when the suspension unloads. Its like a muffled bump or thud if that makes sense. Doesnt do it any other time, pulling in the driveway, turning, etc. Weird. I'll have to take a look again.

Question for the OP, are your upper control mounts knocked out for alignment? Mine is like -2 deg camber but my knockouts are still there so we cant adjust camber or caster yet.

mykvr6

Reaction score
I did also replace the pitman arm, idler arm, and idler bracket a few months back. I also just replaced the rag joint as well. Everything feels tight while driving, a big change from when I got the truck and I could sway the steering wheel back and forth without the truck changing direction.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish I had the space to keep that many trucks. I woulda hung onto the first Burb a bit longer and got more parts off it. Had to scrap it because the town I was living in has a bunch of non car fixers pricks in the city government. They don't even like people working on their cars in the driveway. Not everyone has a new car that goes to the dealer to get fixed, and some of us even like to work on our cars and trucks....
That is one of the great thing's about living out in the country and having some land I can bring in some vehicle's. I once told my Mom when she asked why I had so many truck's at my place that I was starting a truck farm.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
I think that is a lot funnier than the city would! All the available properties in my area are flood prone or too close to nosy neighbors