I want your opinion - Full Front End Rebuild C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I always use Moog part's and I buy them at O'Riley's so I can check them before I buy and no shipping.

Thanks dude! Yea normally I run to NAPA and do all my buying but this is a big order and want to make sure I get everything. Plus I took the insurance off my truck so it’s just got storage insurance. I haven’t drove anywhere in like 3weeks because of all this.

But I think someone makes some I thought? A 2500 lift spindle and of not I’m not mistaken are the ball joints the same as the 1500. If they are 1500 lift spindles should be just fine. I guess do some part number cross referencing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
The Mevotech TX's are really beefy looking, and the boots are sealed with a wire ring. But appearance don't mean squat, so I'll reserve judgement until they get more miles on them. I replaced the Moog uppers with Proforged prior to replacing the lowers with the Mevotechs. Now I am tempted to put the Mevotech TX's on the uppers.

The lowers aren't as big a deal with the boot, for me, since they're pretty well compressed by the suspension. The Moog lower boots do have a steel ring inside, even if the installer has to press it together themselves. I looked at the Mevotech TXs online when they were first introduced. I was interested in them until I realized they didnt' have the uppers. They have since come out with those. Hopefully by the time I need them, they will still wire the boots on. I bought a cheaper Mevotech that was supposed to have the boot wired on, and it didn't.

Cng2500hd

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks dude! Yea normally I run to NAPA and do all my buying but this is a big order and want to make sure I get everything. Plus I took the insurance off my truck so it’s just got storage insurance. I haven’t drove anywhere in like 3weeks because of all this.

But I think someone makes some I thought? A 2500 lift spindle and of not I’m not mistaken are the ball joints the same as the 1500. If they are 1500 lift spindles should be just fine. I guess do some part number cross referencing.

Thinks man I will look into that I hope you a are right.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
matad311,

Generally you don't need a new center link unless the tierods/pitman arm have made the holes egg shaped from letting things go too long. And that has to be really bad for that to happen.
I'd save the money and not buy the center link.

See and that’s what I figured, maybe I won’t order it unless I disassemble it and find it’s worn then I’ll order.

Reega

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought some Raybestos(Spicer) upper and lowers from RockAuto. Based on the part number and appearance, looks like they very well could be the AC Delco Professional supplier. Very nice appearance and quality. But time willtelll.
You must be registered for see images attach

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I bought some Raybestos(Spicer) upper and lowers from RockAuto. Based on the part number and appearance, looks like they very well could be the AC Delco Professional supplier. Very nice appearance and quality. But time willtelll.
You must be registered for see images attach

Yes, I've noticed the pictures are often the same between the two. Sometimes the pictures can be old, Though.

Where are you getting Spicer from? Raybestos is part of Brake Parts Inc. I don't think they were ever a part of Dana/Spicer.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Thinks man I will look into that I hope you a are right.
I wish I had the space to keep that many trucks. I woulda hung onto the first Burb a bit longer and got more parts off it. Had to scrap it because the town I was living in has a bunch of non car fixers pricks in the city government. They don't even like people working on their cars in the driveway. Not everyone has a new car that goes to the dealer to get fixed, and some of us even like to work on our cars and trucks....