I want your opinion - Full Front End Rebuild C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well to keep this thread going I acquired another part! Custom made by Jeremy Rogers on the GMT400 Facebook page. He works at Cunningham Machine. They make this steel 1” wrench size threaded tie rod sleeves! They are super beefy and will pair great with these TTX tie rods!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Well to keep this thread going I acquired another part! Custom made by Jeremy Rogers on the GMT400 Facebook page. He works at Cunningham Machine. They make this steel 1” wrench size threaded tie rod sleeves! They are super beefy and will pair great with these TTX tie rods!

Don't you need to put those nuts on first? They're to lock the adjustment since there aren't clamps, correct?

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes you are correct. This was simply just for photos lol No need to go through all that work to just take me back apart. Plus I hate the color of these tie rods so I gotta scruff them down and paint black.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My next parts order! Man this is getting expensive for all the parts I’m finding out I need to replace! $1041 so far just from Rock Auto. It’s amazing all the parts you find broke or on there way out when your not in a weekend rush since it’s your daily!

Good thing is, I did finally find replacement coil springs! I had to search under a 1997 instead of a 1998 model year. Found my stocks springs are sagged by about 1/2”.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So its been a few but I have more updates on the front end rebuild! I am going all out now on this rebuild now! Placed another parts order, since i found out my caliper sliders are frozen solid and the bleeder snapped off in one caliper. So I am now upgrading the front braking system. I bought the 8600lb gvw (C3500) calipers for the front with powerstop drilled and slotted rotors and powerstop Z36 pads. Also upgrading the master cylinder to the 2002 Tahoe for some better brake pedal feel.

Also got some front end jewelry now and had everything powder coated in Kingsport Grey. The new coils i had stripped and powder coated as well in Gloss Black. Cant wait to drive this thing once I get it all back together!