I want your opinion - Full Front End Rebuild C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just checked out Detroit axle and I like the prices if it's good quality I may have to try them out.

Get ur part numbers from thier site and order off eBay . They are a bit cheaper from eBay and it's the company selling them, idk why cheaper but u usually get parts in 3 days too. I've had Detroit parts in both my trucks for past 4 years and no issues yet. Put em in many of my personal customers vehicle and knock on wood no issues there either.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Emphasis on "problem solver"

Their R series is junk generally.

I wasn't aware there was anything else but the "problem solver" series, that's all my boss put in for years and the very same ones we have to warranty all the time. Glad urs r all good, sucks paying $800+ to get Moog parts in and it fails in a year or so ya know?

And to OP , look on eBay for 12 or 13 piece( numbers vary depending on what all u wanna replace) front end kit for your truck and there will be listings with Detroit axle in the pics
Like $125 you can do the COMPLETE front end, add another $80ish and u can do bearings too.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wasn't aware there was anything else but the "problem solver" series, that's all my boss put in for years and the very same ones we have to warranty all the time. Glad urs r all good, sucks paying $800+ to get Moog parts in and it fails in a year or so ya know?

And to OP , look on eBay for 12 or 13 piece( numbers vary depending on what all u wanna replace) front end kit for your truck and there will be listings with Detroit axle in the pics
Like $125 you can do the COMPLETE front end, add another $80ish and u can do bearings too.
Maybe something has changed over the years. I have never used Detroit axle stuff. I am just a home gamer keeping a couple old rigs running.

$200 for a whole front end kit from Detroit axle seems awfully cheap.

It's good to hear your experiences. Maybe I will consider them in the future.

I've only ever used timken bearings. On my nbs they were reasonable at about $100 per side.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Detroit Axle is just an importer of Chinese parts, that's why the prices are so low. I believe the do rebuilds here, Though.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe something has changed over the years. I have never used Detroit axle stuff. I am just a home gamer keeping a couple old rigs running.

$200 for a whole front end kit from Detroit axle seems awfully cheap.

It's good to hear your experiences. Maybe I will consider them in the future.

I've only ever used timken bearings. On my nbs they were reasonable at about $100 per side.

Timken isn't what it used to be either, heard federal mogul bought them also but haven't seen proof of that, we don't out much timken stuff in as our suppliers don't carry it. I remember when it was very top of the line stuff too.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also i have been hearing good thing about detroit axle on the facebook groups but i am too worried to try them still as ive only heard about them for a year now.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So right now this is what my parts order looks like, I am almost 90% confident in this route of good parts with out dumping $1000 at this project. The metal on my control arms are still in great condition so I am just going to paint or powder coat them. I'd much rather keep the original OEM steel under the truck over the new Chinese metal stamping's. But I am upgrading the tie rod ends and ball joints to the Mevotech TTX heavy duty line. But then keep all the steering components to ACdelco professional parts. Then I will be doing Energy Suspension Polyurethane bushing in the control arms and sway bar parts.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach