I want your opinion - Full Front End Rebuild C1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Now I will say I did replace my ball joints 2 years ago with a NAPA premium brand ones. I put about 30k miles on them, so far they seem to be holding up great as far as I can tell. Boots arn't torn either. But I may just replace them and keep a upper and lower for a back up.

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I didn't realize the bumpers were availbe, but wow that's expensive.... $50 per side!

Is there something wrong with your center link? It's not a wear part. I simply repainted mine.

Bumpers were only $35 for both but i no longer needs those. Just went out and checked mine are still good. I thought they were all dried and cracked but I guess not.

But I figured I’d buy the center link for easy swap and go that way I don’t have to worry about pickle forking everything apart and 1 less thing to strip clean and paint. Just bolt on with the new tie rods on bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not eliminate the rag joint?

So my thought behind not going to a u joint and just replacing it with new rubber. Since I drive to my almost every weekend and that’s a 3 hour drive on Michigan roads. I don’t want it being overly sensitive feeling in my steering wheel. Plus having larger 32x11.5r15 tires that will feel a lot more in the road.

Plus a new rag joint is under $20 and can come back and fab a u joint in later if I don’t like the rag joint and spend the $100 for a flaming River one.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Detroit Axle is just an importer of Chinese parts, that's why the prices are so low. I believe the do rebuilds here, Though.

Have gotten quite a few reman driveshafts and things from.them also, no issues so far. And EVERYONE is an importer fr China nowdays really, but yeah I'm sure that's thier reasoning of low prices. So far they have been damn good for me, a bearing is $37 for my truck and the other best brand bearing I have found is skf and it's $250ish , have one in each side of my truck right about same age and speed sensor is bad on the skf already..it'll be warrantied but still a PITA nonethe less.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Bumpers were only $35 for both but i no longer needs those. Just went out and checked mine are still good. I thought they were all dried and cracked but I guess not.

Your truck must take a different part number than mine..... I looked at Rockauto (ACDELCO 15592548) and it was $51.79, but doesn't say if it's one or two. Summit says each, and they're more expensive, so is Amazon.

Mine had quite rusty brackets severl years ago.... I should probably inspect mine. At least make sure they're still attached!

matad311

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Your truck must take a different part number than mine..... I looked at Rockauto (ACDELCO 15592548) and it was $51.79, but doesn't say if it's one or two. Summit says each, and they're more expensive, so is Amazon.

Mine had quite rusty brackets severl years ago.... I should probably inspect mine. At least make sure they're still attached!

Huh interesting because that’s expensive for bump stops! My trucks a 1998 if that makes a difference.

Ehall8702

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Why not eliminate the rag joint?

I was reading somewhere that guys r putting a jeep intermediate shaft in our trucks. Can't remember details but it's in the back of my head for when mine starts getting shoddy. I like modding stuff and making it "better" lol