I need someones opinion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Butch

I'm awesomeR!
Reaction score
Looks vic red to me, its just one of those colors that almost never look the same in any light. The following is a pic of a vic red hood a guy off craigslist sent me, unfortunately I missed out on it.

You must be registered for see images attach

SShockwave

Reaction score
There's a couple different GM reds that were used in the 90s and early 00's.

From about 87-04 most GM cars used GM bright red code 8774. Code 8774 was called different names but was used across the line as the primary red except for Corvette which used a lighter red called flame red. Around 2003-04 GM stopped using 8774 and switched to a new red that has more "black" in it and is garbage.

See what paint code this guy used

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wen i got my bumper, hood, and grill painted it all matched up fine and dandy.

im almost positive that is victory red. it just looks so much brighter cause its not on your truck. i thought the same thing wen i got my grille back from gettin painted.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
is that just a factory grille with the chrome painted over?

No, it's an aftermarket grille that was probably primer when bought and someone took it to a body shop in Marne MI for an overly bright red. I just took it to another body shop and its getting painted, should be on my truck Tuesday.

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No, it's an aftermarket grille that was probably primer when bought and someone took it to a body shop in Marne MI for an overly bright red. I just took it to another body shop and its getting painted, should be on my truck Tuesday.

how they chargin to paint it?

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
wen i got my bumper, hood, and grill painted it all matched up fine and dandy.

im almost positive that is victory red. it just looks so much brighter cause its not on your truck. cause i thought the same thing wen i got my grille back.

Guy at body shopped matched the truck up to an 89-2000 chevy "red" color swatch, and to the grille, the grille was like 3 shades lighter, was ridiculous. Like "Ronald McDonalds ***** red". Tuesday and Ill get pics of it on my truck.

CowlBoy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Guy at body shopped matched the truck up to an 89-2000 chevy "red" color swatch, and to the grille, the grille was like 3 shades lighter, was ridiculous. Like "Ronald McDonalds ***** red". Tuesday and Ill get pics of it on my truck.

lmao check out my new sig