I need new (better) headlights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
So long story short my adjusters are broke on my headlights and they are aimed way down. So im on the hunt for better replacements.

I want to do 35w 5000k hids in my low beams and 55w 5000k hids in my high beams.

I have found these on ebay for $110. They are projectors and the high beam looks decent unlike most ebay projectors:

You must be registered for see images

Your average ebay projectors: (notice how small the high beam reflector is)

And then I found these for $70. They are
plain reflectors with glare caps.

You must be registered for see images attach

Which ones do you guys like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Im with him ^

Don't like prjectors but with HIDs, other drivers will thank you for having glare caps

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Option 3, X3. The pre-made projectors look like crap on these trucks IMO.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Option 3, X3. The pre-made projectors look like crap on these trucks IMO.

The one's he posted (option 1) are hte best looking ones I've seen but I still don't like them lol

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are a lot of threads about the nice and junk aftermarket projects on this forum. HID are amazing but only with a proper housing. Unfortunately, the only proper way to do them on this platform is with a projector retro fit which is not easy.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?7161-Hid-projector-retrofit

Check out this guys thread.

http://www.gmt400.com/forum/showthread.php?27415-RESULTS-Spyder-Projectors-w-HIDs

He started with "the higher quality" aftermarket projector then replaced them.

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
Thank you everyone for your opinions. Hmm decisions... lol. I might just try the 1st headlights seeing they have a 2 month return policy lol. If I don't like them I will go with option 3 with the intentions of doing a retrofit in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dixiepc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Option three with 9011 and 9012 HIR bulbs and heavy duty wiring harness.

Honch

Reaction score
I bought these over a year ago, they are glass and look as good as the day I bought them. They don't fog over and they don't turn yellow from the sun.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GLASS-LENS-...y:4.3L&hash=item2c89ef3f5f:g:kkoAAOSw14xWKCsn

Prior to these I purchased TYC lights, they were expensive, fit terribly, needed the bases ground and shimmed to fit properly, then within a few months they started filling with water. I took them off, sealed the lenses and then a few months after that the reflective coating started turning black.

I use HIDs and never get flashed, proper aiming will take the harshness away for other drivers, the old lights with the bulb caps got me flashed nightly.