I need new (better) headlights...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I use HIDs and never get flashed, proper aiming will take the harshness away for other drivers, the old lights with the bulb caps got me flashed nightly.

:nono:

That's pure luck on your part. Having seen plenty of these trucks with HIDs in housings with no glare caps, I don't care how you aim them. It's still pissing people off, whether they flash you or not.

twomanymontes

car show addict
Reaction score
I get flashed every now and then. I have mine aimed low and to the right. Even with the glare caps, I can see light in oncoming traffic.

Honch

Reaction score
:nono:

That's pure luck on your part. Having seen plenty of these trucks with HIDs in housings with no glare caps, I don't care how you aim them. It's still pissing people off, whether they flash you or not.

Call it luck if you like, the glare is not there, I tested it more than once myself and with other people. It may be the focal length of this housing, the kelvin rating of the bulb, the glass lens, the type of HID bulb, I don't know.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Call it luck if you like, the glare is not there, I tested it more than once myself and with other people. It may be the focal length of this housing, the kelvin rating of the bulb, the glass lens, the type of HID bulb, I don't know.

Or just plain wishful thinking with a strong helping of denial. :gr_grin: Sorry, but it's true.

Richard

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

98sierra4x4

OBSession
Reaction score
Well thank you all for steering me away from projectors.

Found option 3 on ebay for $62 free shipping w/park lights.

You must be registered for see images

The light output is much better than stock even with the stock halogen bulbs.

After properly adjusting them here are some pics:

Cut off line, im very impressed. Seems as good as projectors.

Just the low beams:

Just the highs:

Highs and lows with 4hi mod:

Overall im very happy with them. Next will be HIDs and HD harness. They have glare caps as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wally

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great head light I bought a pair earlier this year to replace a set of glass ones I have had for 7 years . The only draw back to them is rocks. Lol