I need help with my radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yohgeebean

Reaction score
I have a 1994 gmc c2500 pickup and my ac has power but my equalizer and radio has no power somebody help me figure this out

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Have you done the basics first? Checked the fuse? My girl has a 1990 K2500 with the same set up and the fuse is good but the whole unit has given up the ghost. Anyway, check for power supply first and go from there.

yohgeebean

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

Have you done the basics first? Checked the fuse? My girl has a 1990 K2500 with the same set up and the fuse is good but the whole unit has given up the ghost. Anyway, check for power supply first and go from there.
I checked the fuses they are all good I'm still getting no power to my equalizer or raidio

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You checked the fuse and was good. So, the fuse is good but you have no power feed to either side of the fuses? Correct? If you supply power to the radio, does it work?

yohgeebean

Reaction score
I checked the fuse I took off the cdm and connected two cables that were disconnected I reconnected them still nothing
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Use a multimeter and check for voltage on the orange and yellow wires of the 6-pin power connector on the CDM. If you have voltage, the wiring and fuses are probably fine and your CDM has just died.

Only way to be certain the CDM isn't dead is to try a different CDM, there's a decent possibility it's gone bad due to age and worn out electrolytic capacitors -- it's not unusual at this point.

yohgeebean

Reaction score
So I took off my cdm and there were two plugs unplugged so I reattached them now I have the lights showing on the raidio and equalizer but it's still not showing the time nor raidio station. There's no corrosion on the plugs and the fuses aren't blown? Also it doesn't have a antenna could that be the problem?

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Why wouldn't you just keep all questions and updates pertaining to your radio IN THE SAME THREAD? Not only is it concise, but it just might help others down the road. Currently, you've got three threads on this issue.

On that note, would it be possible for a moderator to combine all these fragments into one thread?