I need help with a fuel pump problem!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wewsel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed a fuel pump back in November and the d**n thing went out a couple days ago. I ordered it online and in order to warranty it They need info that I don't have on hand. "The module code is 3 letters and would be found on the original fuel pump. Otherwise you can call a local dealership with your VIN and they should be able to confirm. We require the module code in order to validate your claim." Obviously I got rid of the original when I changed it out. Anyone have a fuel pump from a '98 1500 with the 5.7 you can grab this code off of? I would greatly appreciate this so that I can get my money back for this failed part. They won't warranty it without it. Thanks in advance! You guys rock!

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Did you try the dealer with your Vin as suggested?

Mine is a 98, but diesel so no help there...:(

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Call the dealer tomorrow. That'll be your best bet.

96Z71ECSB

Old Gearhead
Reaction score
Really? Wow! Fuel pumps around here are $110.00-$130.00! No wonder it costs us Canucks so much to maintain, let alone build a truck!

It's the same around here:
Delphi pump only- $103.99 retail from Oreilly.
Delphi complete pump,hanger,and sender- $275.99 retail at Oreilly.

I have a Delphi complete pump,hanger,and sender assembly on standby for the day my fuel pump takes a dump. My price was $250 from Oreilly.

wewsel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Delphi around here is $249. That's why I bought this one for $50. get what you pay for. Where do you get an AC Delco for $50?

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
One of those cheap pumps could last a year. Maybe two. Or two months. You never know. It's a crap-shoot. Pay your $$$, take your chances. You usually get what you pay for.
Changing the fuel pump is a PITA! So, unless you LIKE changing pumps, don't buy the el cheapo's.

wewsel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was really bad about this time. I had just left work early because I was feeling bad, got out to my truck and it wouldn't start. Waited for my father in law to come help me, bumped the tank and the pump started working. Started home and it died again on the side of the interstate in the cold rain. Tried bumping the tank again, no good. Had to wait a good long while for a tow truck. Leaving work at 5 am got me home around 3 pm. Normally a 20-30 minute drive.