I Gotta Know!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I once had a customer ask me for a quote to produce something for him so I gave him a price. He came back and said it was more than he wanted to spend and asked how much to just knock something up quickly so I gave him the same price. He was confused until I explained that the quickly version will take just as long to produce as I don't sacrifice my standards for anybody. It's your reputation on the line and that is more important than some cheapskates budget.
I tell them first one will cost $10,000 after that I can pump 'em out pretty cheap. They never consider the tooling up cost.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PFFTT!!!!! S&S 10sec. club there are some..... can bolt on a turbo just like a liter bike.
Literbikes are for little guys...
My Busa ran 9's factory stock, I mostly ran 1/8 mile at our local track, lowered and stretched but street ridden. Basically stock motor with a sidewinder and small dry shot. One night a V-Rod destroyer showed up. A slick n bar bike getting drruuuugggggg by legit street bikes, including mine. He left early and never came back...
I know you can make a V Twin faster, but mod for mod the rocket will always win.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I tell them first one will cost $10,000 after that I can pump 'em out pretty cheap. They never consider the tooling up cost.
That's very true, even in sheet-metal if someone wants something out of the ordinary you have to do the development from scratch, and that can take as long as the actual making.