I Gotta Know!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SNCTMPL

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Besides, if we all liked our vehicles to look exactly the same, how would you find it in a parking lot?

But seriously, I enjoy working on cars and trucks, but I love customizing them. Making them an extension of me through planning and execution with some creativity thrown in. I consider myself a Gearhead and it is one the most important traits about myself that I hope to pass down to my children.

I am such a Gearhead that three of my favorite bands are Tool, Chevelle and Clutch.:head3:

movietvet

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Give it about another 10 years and absolutely everything will hurt. You'll "feel" old, but that still doesn't mean we have to mature.

Richard
Try working in the industry for 40+ total years as a tech and then service manager and also working on the side at same time in my driveway. Then a break for about 8 years where I was in a different industry but still did side work and now retired and working out of my driveway at 71+ years old. I get a little stiff and aches but when I am doing the work, I feel fine. I always work smart and not hard and never try to do it as fast as I can. The money I charge is not for speed. It is for correct.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get it done right.
You can get it done quick.
You can get it done cheap.
Pick 2...
^^^ LOL
It's always been one in my experience...
If you want it right, it ain't gonna be quick or cheap. You'll have to take your time and make sure there's no shortcuts which, costs more.
If you want it quick, it ain't gonna be right or cheap. You'll wind up cutting corners and paying overtime to get it sooner.
If you want it cheap, it ain't gonna be right or quick. You'll wind up cutting corners and no overtime or double shifts.

at least that's the way it worked for me and capital projects, :33:

Scooterwrench

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes I think, what if I lifted my truck and put some great looking rims and tires on it? That would look cool! Then I realize I'm a 55 YO, white male and I'd probably look a little goofy trying to be like the HS kids I teach.
Growing old is mandatory,growing up is voluntary.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^^ LOL
It's always been one in my experience...
If you want it right, it ain't gonna be quick or cheap. You'll have to take your time and make sure there's no shortcuts which, costs more.
If you want it quick, it ain't gonna be right or cheap. You'll wind up cutting corners and paying overtime to get it sooner.
If you want it cheap, it ain't gonna be right or quick. You'll wind up cutting corners and no overtime or double shifts.

at least that's the way it worked for me and capital projects, :33:
I once had a customer ask me for a quote to produce something for him so I gave him a price. He came back and said it was more than he wanted to spend and asked how much to just knock something up quickly so I gave him the same price. He was confused until I explained that the quickly version will take just as long to produce as I don't sacrifice my standards for anybody. It's your reputation on the line and that is more important than some cheapskates budget.