I finally found me another GMT400!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

67_C-30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the flares painted and installed. I’m really liking them painted body color. I’m still torn on side trim or not.
You must be registered for see images attach

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few more pics.

Cool. Even has the original style twin tail pipes.

What?! No moon gauges?! I kinda miss the moonies from my old 2500LD........

alpinecrick

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got the flares painted and installed. I’m really liking them painted body color. I’m still torn on side trim or not.
Nice. Paint matched factory flares look the best--in my slightly humble opinion.......

67_C-30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, I couldn’t stand it - I had to go back to the chrome grille and bumper. While I was at it, I went ahead and converted to quad headlights like God intended! They just look “right” on the trucks to me with early grille. I still have to put the freshly painted tow hooks and air dam back on, but I’m loving this look.
I also went ahead and put the early stainless mirrors back on.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I couldn’t stand it - I had to go back to the chrome grille and bumper. While I was at it, I went ahead and converted to quad headlights like God intended! They just look “right” on the trucks to me with early grille. I still have to put the freshly painted tow hooks and air dam back on, but I’m loving this look.
I also went ahead and put the early stainless mirrors back on.
Chrome and white go hand in hand, and I love the widened steel rims with chrome trims, makes it look old school.

The_Family_Tahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are those the small chamber heads from trick flow? I think 56 cc chambers? That should bump the compression and really improve the audlow flow capability (and power potential) of the stock motor. Keep us posted on the engine mods.

67_C-30

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are those the small chamber heads from trick flow? I think 56 cc chambers? That should bump the compression and really improve the audlow flow capability (and power potential) of the stock motor. Keep us posted on the engine mods.
Yes they are. I built a quick TBI engine in a ‘89 Camaro years ago, and I’m using a similar recipe on this truck. I chose these heads not only for the small combustion chambers to raise compression, but these heads flow 240’s/190’s with small 175cc intake runners and 1.94/1.50 valves. This is slightly more flow than 5.7 LSI/earlier 5.3 LS heads. They will make great low end torque, while flowing enough to make a lot of midrange power. I am by no means trying to build a hot rod. Just looking to get close to modern truck power with my old tree fitty!