I figure I better introduce my truck and I before I get down to the stupid question asking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hello gmt400.com community, I recently bought my first truck, a 1994 k1500 extended cab with what I am fairly sure is a nv4500 transmission In it. From what I read these are fairly unique when found in 1/2 tons, and I enjoy driving it around quite a bit. I've managed to fix it up a little on my own; the truck had no 4wd when I bought it (bad actuator), wouldn't pass emissions (bad cat), and the a.c. only occasionally worked (bad electrical connectors) and i replaced a lot of sensors trying to chase down a misfire I still unfortunately am having at idle. Anyways a lot of what I've managed to fix has been done using information I learned lurking these forums so let me tell y'all i appreciate ya for being here.
-James

You must be registered for see images attach

Bob L

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, good looking truck of course you are in the SW so lots of rust free stuff to start with. I am lucky mine came from AZ. but has been in New England for 10 years now.

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, good looking truck of course you are in the SW so lots of rust free stuff to start with. I am lucky mine came from AZ. but has been in New England for 10 years now.

Yes, it's nice to have a relatively unrusty truck. but I feel like our dry climate is really hell on all the plastic and rubber doohickeys on vehicles out here I managed to break 2 of the vacuum lines on the truck by just by lightly nudging them, I swear. maybe its just as bad in a humid or colder environment but I've noticed a trend in the cars I've owned and my friends for the polyurethane motor mounts to rot and break. mostly cheap repairs though I suppose. Anyways thanks for the compliment!