how's this engine/tranny combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shownshine55

Reaction score
I am doing a 305 to 350 swap in my '96 rcsb. The 350 I am using was going to be a tbi engine, but I am going to do an ls swap instead. So, here is what I have and what I am thinking I want.

What I have;
fresh 355
flat tops
lt1 cam, new lifters, new pushrods (pushrods were meant for a set of dart tbi heads, so don't know if I need different ones), new timing chain
stock vortec heads
stock vortec intake
headers
2 1/2" y pipe into a 3" bullet
stock 4l60e with 4.3 s10 torque converter
stock 3.42 gears

What I want
1.6 rockers
valve spring upgrade
computer tune
trans go shift kit (if I can install myself while the tranny is out)
vette servo

I am not sure of the pushrods that I need, if the lt1 camshaft is going to work in the vortec engine, because the lt1 cam is not all that big if I can use 1.6 rockers just to give me a little something more and if the s10 converter will work with this combo. I don't want to pull the engine apart to change the cam out if I don't have to and I don't want to put much more money into it.

1996k1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well it sounds alright. And for the push rods if your concerned about them, then get the ones recommended.

And for the torque converter. I'd say get a heavier duty one. You'll likely burn it out real fast if you are pushing any more then 300hp. 400 tops.