How to MarkVIII your OBS on a budget..!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arcane

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'd like to share with my friend's intallation.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

He took fans of his wife's Infinity FX to check if it fits. And it fits perfectly. He used radiator edge holes to mount it. Those fans are 250W each have two speeds and what i like most it turns on smooth and doesn't heart your electrical system. Few relays, temepature snsor of the same car, 10$ hose adapter of the car you never heard, few wires of and it's done.

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Ok so for those that have been running this setup for awhile how is it going? I am almost done collecting all the parts I need to do this on my 95 c1500 5.7l. I grabbed a fan from a 95 tbird and got the Volvo relay and the BMW temp switch is on the way. I just finished upgrading the electrical wires (big 3). I'm still wanting to get my alt rewound at a shop to increase it from the stock amps. I'm about ready to put all this together and enjoy it. I just wanted to hear from those that have had it for awhile how is it going?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my fan has been working fine for several years, although the last 1-2 years it hasn't been a DD, but it's been on there for probably 4-5 years without an issue....however mine is setup a bit differently, I don't use the Volvo relay or BMW temp switch, etc...but as far as the fan itself, Its been working great. cools great, even when I had the supercharger on.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My fan setups been working fine just had a alil trial and error problems at first... Just get the correct T-stat for ur truck and a bmw temp switch thats about 20° above the T-stat... Aloicious is running his fan off of his 411 pcm swap which is another way to go and would b ideal since its more accurate and adjustable...

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
My fan setups been working fine just had a alil trial and error problems at first... Just get the correct T-stat for ur truck and a bmw temp switch thats about 20° above the T-stat... Aloicious is running his fan off of his 411 pcm swap which is another way to go and would b ideal since its more accurate and adjustable...

Awesome, I would totally do the PCM if I had a 96 or above but since I'm in a 95. I have all the parts now as of today the last delivery finally came LoL! I got a 180 tstat and the 195/210 BMW switch. I also confirmed the tbird fan I got works great. I hope to start this weekend on the install.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Great just dont 4get a circut breaker capable of handling the amp load from the fan... You'll have to run a wire from the battery to the circuit breaker to the volvo relay... Let us kno how it goes...

Cadon69

GMT400 "Like a Rock"
Reaction score
Great just dont 4get a circut breaker capable of handling the amp load from the fan... You'll have to run a wire from the battery to the circuit breaker to the volvo relay... Let us kno how it goes...

Oh yeah I forgot to mention that. I got a 50 amp circuit breaker looks just like yours except this one is rated at 50 amp. I made sure it was the kind that can handle constant, I think it's called type 1 or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like ur good to go... Im still working out the kinks on the a/c part tapping on to the condenser kept my fan running non stop... Im not the smartest so... B sure to run ur a/c once u get up to running temp or speeds over 40 mph....

Trav_69Stang

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been looking into doing dual 16" Efans off ebay with the 180 thermostat control. The fans themselves look good, they're the S-blade and all. Ill be running the Hypertech 160 thermostat and figured this would be a good route to go for $90, any objections?

Last edited: