How to MarkVIII your OBS on a budget..!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not 100% sure, but I believe the 98 blackbox PCM is able to control the fans to some extent, however you will need the PCM properly tuned for it. I don't think the 96-97 blackbox PCMs can though.

This is the default settings from a 99 Suburban PCM. Do you know where I can find the information on the PCM pinout which would control an AUX fan?

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like a lot of you guys who have swapped over to E fans are doing it on pre 95 trucks. What options do I have for a 98 Tahoe? Mainly ECM options. Does my OEM ECM have an option to control E fan(s)? I do NOT want E fans to negatively effect the performance of my A/C.

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks like a lot of you guys who have swapped over to E fans are doing it on pre 95 trucks. What options do I have for a 98 Tahoe? Mainly ECM options. Does my OEM ECM have an option to control E fan(s)? I do NOT want E fans to negatively effect the performance of my A/C.

I asked that questions a few posts earlier. HP Tuners supports 98 and newer Chevy Trucks but HPTs is not a popular tuning options for this platform. efi-live is a lot more common for these trucks. I don't see anything specific to fans and AC in the HPTs tuners table.

You must be registered for see images attach

What is your concern? Typically the efan would automatically come one when the AC is engaged. Correct?

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My concern is I don't really know the pros and cons of doing an Efan conversion. I have seen some people hook up the A/C to the Efan and I don't know why.

Sent from my piece of crap iPhone using Tapatalk

GMRedline

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My concern is I don't really know the pros and cons of doing an Efan conversion. I have seen some people hook up the A/C to the Efan and I don't know why.

Gotcha.

I installed an e-fan on a 4.3L vortec and there were two leads. One from the temp sensor in the radiator and one from the AC. When the AC came on, the fans came on. I never took the time to compare the ECTs with the AC on or off so I can't be real helpful there.

Pros:
Free up HP with less strain on the belt pulley system.
Improve Fuel economy.
Faster warm up times in the winter? That mechanical fan is always spinning even if it is not fully engaged. Always blowing some air around...

Cons:
Cost
Reliability. Anything electric is just one more thing that can fail. That is why it is important to buy a reliable setup. That is why a lot of guys like OEM stuff from other vehicles. I installed a ebay kit and kept blowing fuses in the relay. I upped the fuel size and then fried the relay. I eventually re-installed a mechanical fan. Lesson learned.

monstar_est87

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Big D

Atoadaso I f*kn Atoadaso
Reaction score
hey where can I find a brand new Lincoln Mark VIII Fan?(besides a dealership) I gotta flush my coolant and change my hoses, I might as well do this as well, Im not a a pick and pull fan when it comes to electric parts/motors, I wanna a new one.

F8LZ 8C607 aa thats the part number for a 98 mark VIII suppose to be the cheapest, but when I search all i get is 50 forums talking about Mark VIII fans......didnt know they were so popular. If you gotta hot spot to buy all the other parts too, it would be much appreciated. If you guys want Ill post pictures of the install.

Thanks
D"