Holley TBI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
does anyone have one or know if they are worth getting? engine i would put it on is 350 tbi

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
does anyone have one or know if they are worth getting? engine i would put it on is 350 tbi

Some people like them others hate them lol its usually like 50/50 the big issue is the injectors have issues, and for the money youd spend on it you could mod yours and do an intake

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Keepinitoldskool

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah from all the research I have done on them I found that they are too hard to get dialed in as far as idle and fuel trims.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If it were me id pick up a spare TBI unit, clean it up, mod it (1/4 injector pod spacer and the TBI mods) add a fuel pressure guage and afpr, get the injectors cleaned or get a set of oem cleaned and flow matched ones, and get an Edelbrock 3704 intake, then do headers, efans and exhaust

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I've seen a few people with the older model Holley TBI's needing injectors and can't source them anywhere. Not sure if some of the injector services offer them but a few people seem to be SOL.

Richard

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Just FYI my point wasn't that the older ones were somehow worse than the new ones, I was making the case that it seems you may have support issues several years down the road, which would piss me off pretty good considering the cost of the item.

Richard

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just FYI my point wasn't that the older ones were somehow worse than the new ones, I was making the case that it seems you may have support issues several years down the road, which would piss me off pretty good considering the cost of the item.

Richard

I hear you on that, what I mean is I heard they had leaky injector issues just wondering if that was ever fixed

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
I heard that the injectors were fixed, thanks for all the input everyone

Sent from my awesome S5

cjman250

Last Of A Dying Breed
Reaction score
If it were me id pick up a spare TBI unit, clean it up, mod it (1/4 injector pod spacer and the TBI mods) add a fuel pressure guage and afpr, get the injectors cleaned or get a set of oem cleaned and flow matched ones, and get an Edelbrock 3704 intake, then do headers, efans and exhaust

im not looking for a large performance upgrade, just something fresh that will be pretty much plug and play. any improvement of the crusty and nasty tbi i have on there now is a performance upgrade lol