Holley Sniper EFI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overtime

Reaction score
My review.

So far, I love the kit. Is it truly plug and play and fully self tuning? Yes and no. If you have already converted over to carb and want to go back to FI, then yes, you will have an easier time with it.

My instance has been a little more difficult and pricey. Luckily, I had some things lying around to use but if you are going from GM TBI to Sniper, then be prepared to spend some money if you want to have an easy time of having Sniper control timing also.

Initially I used a Blaster 3 coil and a Pro-billet distributor that I locked out and installed a phaseable rotor on. Started having random RFI issues and switched over to Holley's Hyperspark kit.

Money wise, if you don't have any spare parts laying around, go ahead and plan on spending $2k.

$1250 for Sniper kit with fuel system
$250-$300 for intake manifold
$300-$500 Hyperspark kit (dist, cdi box, coil.

You can go without the cdi box and use the included coil driver and save yourself $200.

85% of tuning can be done thru the included 3.5" LCD. Fine tuning, you need a laptop and their dongle.

Overtime

Reaction score
Other random advice.

Don't use a carb spacer.
Make great connections, solder and heat shrink.
Do everything you can to eliminate RFI.
Make sure Sniper gets 12 volts while cranking.

I will keep updating this thread as time goes by.

97K1500Silverado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I would like to put efi on my 1979 k10 with stock sbc 400. Just need to figure out how to run return line to both fuel tanks with a return switch so I’m returning to the tank I’m pulling fuel from.

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Other random advice.

Don't use a carb spacer.
Make great connections, solder and heat shrink.
Do everything you can to eliminate RFI.
Make sure Sniper gets 12 volts while cranking.

I will keep updating this thread as time goes by.
I have no issues with the sniper and a 1" 4 hole spacer on my 406.
I've been impressed with the sniper after getting some miles on it.
I'm running a complete msd ignition set up. Pro billet distributor, and the 6al cd box, no timing control from the sniper.

Overtime

Reaction score
I have no issues with the sniper and a 1" 4 hole spacer on my 406.
I've been impressed with the sniper after getting some miles on it.
I'm running a complete msd ignition set up. Pro billet distributor, and the 6al cd box, no timing control from the sniper.

Did you have to adjust cranking fuel any?

aaronb

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not yet, I need to play with that a little bit. Cold start it fires right up, hot start it takes 4-5 cranks before it fires.
The one issue I had when I first installed it, I didn't have the pink wire wired to 12 volts while cranking and it ran like ****. Once I fixed that, it runs like a bat out of hell.

Overtime

Reaction score
Having some fuel pressure issues with my Sniper. Suspecting that feeding the high pressure pump with the stock pump is the culprit. Next weekend I have off, I will be plumbing the stock tank to bypass the stock pump. Fun...

Overtime

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips. I would like to put efi on my 1979 k10 with stock sbc 400. Just need to figure out how to run return line to both fuel tanks with a return switch so I’m returning to the tank I’m pulling fuel from.

Holley makes a kit for dual tanks.

Truckman98

Reaction score
Just installed but having throttle linkage problems. Looked all around for brackets but haven’t found any so far. Any advice?