Holley self tune ecu

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jvalenz95

Reaction score
Im looking to get a self tune system but am not sure in which one to get, i have a new 350 tbi with a new tbi from spr performance that flows 650cfm. 3704 intimidator intake bored out. New 4l60e.
Tried getting a mail in tune but they keep saying my trucks ecu (1993) is hard to tune with many restrictions. Self tune ecu is my best route. Any one able to help out?

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some on here run the EBL Flash II. It's a stock ecu that's modified to be programmable. Price is way less than the Holley and other systems.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Self tuning doesn't self tune everything. You still need to know a decent bit to get one running right.
YES, exactly I really really wish they'd stop marketing them that way.

The only thing that "self tunes" on any holley system is fuel. An while it can do a good job, you still have to help it. Not knocking it at all, I plan on better holley system in my C10 than the sniper but it still programs the same way. I will say in my experience the holley is more user friendly than fitech or edelbrock if your looking for an aftermarket system.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some on here run the EBL Flash II. It's a stock ecu that's modified to be programmable. Price is way less than the Holley and other systems.
Yes, I'm running one but, the EBL doesn't control electronic transmissions so, you'll need to run parallel computers. One for the engine and one for the trans.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
YES, exactly I really really wish they'd stop marketing them that way.

The only thing that "self tunes" on any holley system is fuel. An while it can do a good job, you still have to help it. Not knocking it at all, I plan on better holley system in my C10 than the sniper but it still programs the same way. I will say in my experience the holley is more user friendly than fitech or edelbrock if your looking for an aftermarket system.
hahaha
I love their marketing scheme...
The term "Self Tuning" really means Self Correction to fueling.
Ive tune all kinda stuff from the old MegaSquirt stuff with Tunerstudio to stock PCMs and Holley by far has the best GUI and simplicity.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Self tuning doesn't self tune everything. You still need to know a decent bit to get one running right.
My Holley Sniper self-tuned quite well. It runs flawlessly. I do understand that there's a lot more to get out of it, and once I have everything else reliable I'm taking it to a local tuner to get it dialed in.

You can buy refurbished Snipers right from Holley for a decent discount. The downside of the Holley is all the extra bits you have to buy separately. Throttle/TV/cruise control cable bracket, GM metric to AN fuel fitting adapters, Vortec fuel pump, etc. You absolutely need the throttle arm adapter to correct the throttle throw on the Sniper.