Hitch bolts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vince72

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys
I picked up and installed a tow hitch to my OBS, does it matter if the bolts that hold it to the frame go from the top down or should they be bolted with the thread’s upward?

Attachments

• IMG_9754.jpeg
    IMG_9754.jpeg
    274.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_9753.jpeg
    IMG_9753.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 12

pressureangle

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys
I picked up and installed a tow hitch to my OBS, does it matter if the bolts that hold it to the frame go from the top down or should they be bolted with the thread’s upward?
Installing them nuts-up is a little cleaner looking, but the fasteners truly don't care once they're tight.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Here's your sign.
You must be registered for see images attach
The tow hooks (tusks) have to mount that way because the plate is threaded. Some applications for the hitch, you may not be able to get a wrench in there to hold the nuts. Like a Burb with the space between the frame rails, full of gas tank....
All my 400s came to me with hitches. One of our square body Burbs did not, and that was NOT a fast or fun installation.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've done few and different hitches may mount differently but I remember a couple going in from the bottom with bumper bracket bolts, the rest I don't think it matters much after torqued. I v'e done other makes where you fish t- bolts through frames hole and getting nutted from the bottom is the only way. Access can play a part.