Hidden keys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artinaudio

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
This is my first post as I am new here & new to these trucks. So I purchased my first truck in this generation a year ago its 94 single cab and as I was working underneath it i noticed cap plug on frame, I removed it and to my surprise I found a set of OEM keys, I didnt think much about it at the time other than it made for a clever hiding spot for spares but to my surprise I recently purchased a 95 extended Cab & low and behold found a set of keys in same location. I'm curious has anyone else experienced this? The only similarities of these two trucks i can verify is that they were both originally sold new as fleet vehicles.

Artinaudio

Reaction score
I never heard of this. I have an 89 rcsb tore down to bare frame and never

I never heard of this. I have an 89 rcsb tore down to bare frame and never found keys lol
Neither had I, that's why I reached out to the forum, I contemplated not mentioning it because if it resulted in someones truck being stolen well I'd hate that. I do know this my truck(s) were both sold new as fleet vehicles, both came from same dealership & both did have spare keys (set in a waxy substance) attached to small cord inside the frame.