Hidden functions 88 OEM stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Where did you get the 94 CDM with Bluetooth and aux jack added? I could use both those features while keeping stock radio... Does it work well? Please tell us more

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My '93 has the "F#%K-IT! I'm out!" function that leaves you with NO tunes to listen to after x number of years.

Not the most enjoyable feature, honestly.

My '93 came with that feature too. it is sitting on a shelf in my garage while a nice Kenwood head unit has taken over its duty. The older Delco speakers have that feature as well. On mine all four were open. Not even a click when battery touched to the leads. Great refrigerator magnets though. All four magnets have a new career.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
An update on this. I installed the 94 CDM unit with Bluetooth today. The 94 units have more output. I still have the 88 dash control unit. The hidden features still work, so it must have to do with the dash control.

I tried these things about a week ago and nothing happened.. Do you do it while the radio is off or on? Does it only work for AM/FM? I pretty much only use the aux input on mine and tried it while the radio was on- didn't see a change.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I tried these things about a week ago and nothing happened.. Do you do it while the radio is off or on? Does it only work for AM/FM? I pretty much only use the aux input on mine and tried it while the radio was on- didn't see a change.
You do it with it turned on. Works both AM/FM. What year is you control/dash unit? I know for sure it doesn’t work on 92-up. Not sure what the cutoff year was.

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
So does that mean it doesn't work with the tape (auxiliary) input?

My control pod is an '89- CDM is a '94 I think. Equalizer is a Frankenstein's monster of several bad ones which were combined to make a single good one.

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So does that mean it doesn't work with the tape (auxiliary) input?

My control pod is an '89- CDM is a '94 I think. Equalizer is a Frankenstein's monster of several bad ones which were combined to make a single good one.
I don’t know if it works with the tape player. I need to see if I can find a tape. Does it work on your am/fm?