Hidden functions 88 OEM stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenh

I see nothing I hear nothing
Reaction score
I tried out the instructions posted and on my 90 it does not work. BUT, I have the graphic equalizer in mine so somehow I'm not surprised.

Ken

Triplel40

Gear Jammer
Reaction score
Works in my ‘88 even in the aux/tape mode. Also here’s a post about the Dynamic Noise Reduction.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...ction-information-and-thoughts-wanted.385533/

You must be registered for see images attach

On a separate note, I recall once seeing one of these radios posted that was displaying military time (24hr) clock. So far I haven’t found a way to change it from 12 to 24, has anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Steven Petersen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Works in my ‘88 even in the aux/tape mode. Also here’s a post about the Dynamic Noise Reduction.

https://audiokarma.org/forums/index...ction-information-and-thoughts-wanted.385533/

You must be registered for see images attach

On a separate note, I recall once seeing one of these radios posted that was displaying military time (24hr) clock. So far I haven’t found a way to change it from 12 to 24, has anyone else?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve never heard of the 24 hour clock thing before. On mine, I can’t get the DNR to stay on. Only the LD. The DNR lights up when I push the 2 buttons, but goes away when I release. I wonder if it only works on units like yours without the factory equalizer?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I would love a 24 hour clock, I haven't seen ANY factory GM radios (up to 2006) that will allow that.

I have a little collection of CDMs here and can confirm this only works on the 88-90 models. Regardless of what head is used with it, it's the CDM that makes the difference.

cc333

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a '94 with (as far as I know) 100% stock stereo (original head unit and CDM), and neither the LD nor DNR features seem to work.

c

89RCLB

I'm Awesome...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't get the DNR to stay active on mine but the LD works just fine. Is there a trick to get DNR to stay active?