Here we go! 99 GMC K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kchevys

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
But here is one that should be. It looks like a gmt400 that could actually roll again! The front end is back together folks! Everything replace new.....a lot to list but here goes:

Upper Control arms replaced with new Mevotech complete units
Lower control arms with Energy Suspension bushings and Mevotech balljoints
CV axles replaced with TrackMotive units
New hubs by Timken. Boxes and bearings both had Made in the USA on them. Great to see!
Wasnt expecting but they also included new wheel studs
All new rotors, calipers and pads by Raybestos Element 3. All said Made in China. Boooo
Stainless Steel braided brake lines from Classic tubes
Sway bar bushings and links by Mevotech
Bilstein 4600 shocks

Each side was lifted with a floor jack so the burb was bearing on its own weight. All fasteners torqued to spec per the manual. Most all bolts received a swipe of anti-seize. Calipers have had their intial bleeding. Since this was all taken apart almost a year ago, it was slow going back together. We are there!

Attachments

• IMG_4250.jpg
    IMG_4250.jpg
    417.9 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4251.jpg
    IMG_4251.jpg
    381.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4252.jpg
    IMG_4252.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4254.jpg
    IMG_4254.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 10

Kchevys

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lets talk brakes. I went through the effort of going disc conversion out back and wanted to do something for the front. Read up on the GMT800 conversions but leaned on something that was more of a bolt on deal. Probably cannot tell from the pics but the burb now has K3500 Dual Rear Wheel (DRW) brakes! I stumbled on a blog and this seemed easy enough and it was. You have to replace all the components: rotors, calipers and pads to make it work. No brainer since I was replacing everything anyway. See the pic below. Left is the stock rotor, right is the 3500 DRW rotor. See the difference? But they are the same height. Again, all parts are Raybestos Element 3 and came from Rock Auto. To recap, the only brake parts original to the truck are some of the steel hard lines. New booster and master cylinder. Disc brake conversion out back. Front disc upgraded to 3500 DRW. All rubber lines replaced with braided stainless steel line. Filled with Amsoil brake fluid. This burb should stop whatever is hitched up to it!

Attachments

• IMG_4248.jpg
    IMG_4248.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 7

Kchevys

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remember that pic early on of the pile of parts in boxes. This is much better! Through the day I kept throwing boxes in the same pile. End of the day, here is the pile of empty boxes. Never thought I would feel a since of satisfaction from a pile of empty cardboard.

Attachments

• IMG_4249.jpg
    IMG_4249.jpg
    368.6 KB · Views: 8

Orpedcrow

I don’t know what I’m doing
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Remember that pic early on of the pile of parts in boxes. This is much better! Through the day I kept throwing boxes in the same pile. End of the day, here is the pile of empty boxes. Never thought I would feel a since of satisfaction from a pile of empty cardboard.
There’s a whole bunch of work in those empty boxes! Good job.

Kchevys

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a whole lot of time the other day but the whole steering linkage is built and installed. All torqued to spec and all zerks have a good shot of Lucas Red'n'Tacky. Went Moog for all of the steering parts and pleasantly surprised to see Made in the USA on all the boxes. This Burb came with a factory steering stabilizer. Few options on RockAuto so it was replaced with a new Monroe unit. Reinstalled the sway bar with Mevotech links and bushings. Waiting to tighten those down till I get the Burb back on the ground under its own weight.

Attachments

• IMG_4255.jpg
    IMG_4255.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4256.jpg
    IMG_4256.jpg
    458.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4297.jpg
    IMG_4297.jpg
    318 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_4298.jpg
    IMG_4298.jpg
    294.1 KB · Views: 7

Kchevys

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Replaced the rear taillights with some new TYC units. Did not get a before pic. Trust me, they did not look good. Planning on keeping the turn/brake bulbs incandescent but I did decide go with a super bright LED reverse lights.

Attachments

• IMG_4306.jpg
    IMG_4306.jpg
    333.5 KB · Views: 8

Kchevys

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought these awhile ago and have been excited to get them installed. Replaced the front headlamp assemblies with new Spyder Glass units. I never checked them out when they arrived. They were packaged very well and neither were broken. Also replaced the bulbs with new Fahren Termitor LEDs. I did turn them on and they look bright. I will try to get some glamour shots once we get these aimed and out of the shop.

Attachments

• IMG_4296.jpg
    IMG_4296.jpg
    505.9 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4305.jpg
    IMG_4305.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 6