Here we go! 99 GMC K2500 Suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kchevys

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Folks I was a teenager in 90s. Always loved a 2 Door and finally got my first in 2003. Growing up there was another that would always, no exception, make me stop whatever I was doing and watch it pass. Something about a long roof and eight lugs........ Once my 2 Door got to a good spot I began the search. Stumbled on this jewel and scooped it up. Now it has been a year plus and because of work I have had next to no time to spend on it. Hopefully that is going to get better....... Here it is 1999 GMC K2500 Suburban SLT, 454, 4.10, G80, 14 bolt FF rear

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Kchevys

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
All I new about it was what the man in the video had to say. Was a South Carolina truck since new. Ended up for sale at Daveys in Ohio. Daveys found it at an IAAI auction. I bought it and now it is a North Carolina truck. On delivery, I found out it had been sitting since 2016 according to the last oil change sticker. Had a serious funk inside and missed so bad it would not go over 20 mph. I drove it a 1/4 mile up the road and a 1/4 mile back and parked it. After four months I finally found an hour and plugged a scanner in to see what the CEL was trying to tell me about the miss. The only error was for bank 1 up stream O2 sensor. A week later I swapped both upstream O2s with GM replacements. No change in the miss whatsoever but NO error codes. GIANT SIGH. I spent the next two hours removing the seats and carpet. You could have wrung the water out of the carpet on passenger side. Going to need some new weather strip. Parked back in the same spot and stared at it since last summer. No time to do anything and spent that time trying to figure what direction to take it, engine wise.

Keep the L29 and get it running so I could actually drive it, LQ4 swap or a 12 valve cummins. Back and forth no less than ten times. Eight months later still nothing but a guy showed up out of nowhere and offered to buy it. I turned him down. Told him I had not even been able to drive it a mile and wanted to get it running so I could at least drive it once. Made the decision then to buy what was needed to get it on the road with the 454 in it....in stock form. Oh that is tough.

- upper and lower intake gaskets
- FiveO injectors, FPR and a fuel filter (pump has good pressure)
- New distributor, coil, ICM, plugs and wires
- MAP and Oil Pressure sensors because they are a PITA to get to otherwise
- Thermostat and coolant flush
- 7 Qts of synthetic and a Wix filter

It runs miss free. Took it to 70 mph on the highway for about 5 miles. Parked it and an hour later the water pump started leaking. Cussed once or twice and got back on Rock Auto.... To be continued.

frito-bandito

8 Lugs + 6 Tires + 4 Doors
Reaction score
Folks I was a teenager in 90s. Always loved a 2 Door and finally got my first in 2003. Growing up there was another that would always, no exception, make me stop whatever I was doing and watch it pass. Something about a long roof and eight lugs........ Once my 2 Door got to a good spot I began the search. Stumbled on this jewel and scooped it up. Now it has been a year plus and because of work I have had next to no time to spend on it. Hopefully that is going to get better....... Here it is 1999 GMC K2500 Suburban SLT, 454, 4.10, G80, 14 bolt FF rear

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I agree, there’s something sexy about a 2500 Suburban, I can’t explain it