Help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Ok guys need some help. I bought this to put a trans in it. Got the trans in today and now its misfiring terrible on the # 4cyl. It seems to rev fine in park or neutral. I pulled the plug and it was pitch black. So i put in a different plug and no difference i pulled the valve cover and everything seems good there. I put the spark tester on and that seems good in park. Tommorrow im going to rent a compression tester. Only code its throwing is po304 or whatever for 4cyl misfire. So if anyone has any ideas id appreciate it. Its a 97 350 vortec injectors just replaced engjne overhauled bored .3 over.
You must be registered for see images

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check the injector harness plug as well as the pins to make sure that none are bent. Did they replace the spider? They may have put the injectors in the wrong holes. The spider isn't laid out like you would expect it to be. It looks like a spider with its legs crossed and it has to pee.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
It wasn't missing till after the Trans swap?
It was a little bit not this bad
Check the injector harness plug as well as the pins to make sure that none are bent. Did they replace the spider? They may have put the injectors in the wrong holes. The spider isn't laid out like you would expect it to be. It looks like a spider with its legs crossed and it has to pee.
Yah they did i still have the old one in the bed

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Where is that harness plug?

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I checked compression 2 4 and 6 were all the same
You must be registered for see images

Switched plug wires and the misfire stayed on 4. Switched cap and rotor and that made it worse. Tommorrow im going to go return the compression tester and get a mew cap and rotor and see it thatll help.