HELP both my doin it gaskets are leaking within a week from each other

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok so I have a 1997 k1500 4x4 5.7 and recently my drivers side donut gasket started leaking well within a week the other side is leaking I h the factory true duals with both cats then its straight piped to 45s out the back. Why would they both start leaking so close my motor and trans mounts seem good any advice ??im thinking about reworking the stock exhause with pacesetter lts and no cats with some race mufflers?

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
They would both start leaking because they both wore out? Just replace them.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
How's the motor mounts? They can look O.K., but if they're broken, every time you get on the gas the motor can torque over to one side, stressing the exhaust parts at the weakest point.

Reaction score
Well I've tested all mounts and they are all good , it just turned 200k so I guess it's just age, the studs look rough though and it looks like the dr side pipe is cracked at the flare, I'm ordering the pacesetter long tubes and my muffler guy is cuttin the carts out running the pipe on drivers side under transfer case and rewelding the o2s back in then I guess some dynomax bullets I suppose I need some back pressure

GMstrong

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i want to hear this thing when you get the system done,a guy i live around had a 1 ton chevy with vortec 350 stock manifolds with no cats 2 1/2 with bullets that thing was very loud,but still sounded great.i have yet to hear a truck with lts,no cats and bullets.

slowride55

Reaction score
It's pretty common, my neighbors 94 K1500 ECSB has both manifold gaskets and donuts leaking. Old black sounds like a tractor lol